not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Declaration of war.

08 Feb 2019, 21:34

We were told yesterday about a conversation our DOM has just had with some kind of higher up manager. Apparently RM wants 3% cuts across the whole business which equates to a reduction of 32 duty hours from our office budget so effectively not that far off a walk removed. Our DO is a fairly small one so this cut is going to really cut into larger offices staff levels.

The rest of the announcement shocked our union rep and was totally unexpected given that our walks are the longest in our area. RM want to forcibly move three FT posties from our DO to permanently work in another as yet undecided DO which could be up to 25 miles away! They then want to replace those three FT posties with three PT posties working undisclosed hours. They also want posties to do double prep to enable those PT posties to just do the delivery element of the job.

The higher manager person is of the impression that we don't have enough work to do to fill the prep time we are allocated. The trouble is the figures he/she has do not relate to how we perform the job therefore if we try to do it the way he/she thinks it will work then there won't be enough time to complete. Our DOM says this just show RM basically don't give a f*** about quality of service and only the bottom line matters.

Our DOM is now looking into redundancy & IHR options for any of us in case this **** scenario is implemented. So now we have to go to war and 'work to rule', or do the job properly as it is otherwise known, to show that how we do it currently makes it possible. If we do it by the book we will be like a lot of other offices where the mail routinely does not get delivered. I'm not sure how it's going to work out yet so either we will be able to get everything delivered each day and claim overtime or we will be 'cutting off' nearly every day! If everyone doesn't do it properly from now on our office is going to drastically change and will never be the same again.

RM has a history of making really bad changes to the job many of which I cannot remember but the most notable being absorption/lapsing/flexing. We never expected this to happen especially as we take great pride in our work and had been told we were one of the best DOs in our area.

Has anyone else just had this kind of bad news in their DOs ???

Declaration of war.

08 Feb 2019, 21:40

Our DIM been told 9000 hrs to go and he will offer EVR's come March , think he'll get crushed in the rush while handing his own in.

Declaration of war.

08 Feb 2019, 21:53

If this holds true for MCs as well then there will just be more frequent and larger failures. tbqf with there being less and less staff I think it's going to reach a point soon where sequencing will just have to be abandoned to get all the mail sorted and out the door

Declaration of war.

08 Feb 2019, 21:57

Celgar wrote:

What you have described has been going on in delivery offices for the last few years, plenty of posts on here covering the issues

Declaration of war.

08 Feb 2019, 22:12

Celgar wrote:We were told yesterday about a conversation our DOM has just had with some kind of higher up manager. Apparently RM wants 3% cuts across the whole business which equates to a reduction of 32 duty hours from our office budget so effectively not that far off a walk removed. Our DO is a fairly small one so this cut is going to really cut into larger offices staff levels.

The rest of the announcement shocked our union rep and was totally unexpected given that our walks are the longest in our area. RM want to forcibly move three FT posties from our DO to permanently work in another as yet undecided DO which could be up to 25 miles away! They then want to replace those three FT posties with three PT posties working undisclosed hours. They also want posties to do double prep to enable those PT posties to just do the delivery element of the job.

The higher manager person is of the impression that we don't have enough work to do to fill the prep time we are allocated. The trouble is the figures he/she has do not relate to how we perform the job therefore if we try to do it the way he/she thinks it will work then there won't be enough time to complete. Our DOM says this just show RM basically don't give a f*** about quality of service and only the bottom line matters.

Our DOM is now looking into redundancy & IHR options for any of us in case this **** scenario is implemented. So now we have to go to war and 'work to rule', or do the job properly as it is otherwise known, to show that how we do it currently makes it possible. If we do it by the book we will be like a lot of other offices where the mail routinely does not get delivered. I'm not sure how it's going to work out yet so either we will be able to get everything delivered each day and claim overtime or we will be 'cutting off' nearly every day! If everyone doesn't do it properly from now on our office is going to drastically change and will never be the same again.

RM has a history of making really bad changes to the job many of which I cannot remember but the most notable being absorption/lapsing/flexing. We never expected this to happen especially as we take great pride in our work and had been told we were one of the best DOs in our area.

Been starting on my official start time for about a year and it's the best thing that I have done in royal mail. Stop giving them free time and leave what you can't manage, had plenty of arguments with management, (and spineless work mates unfortunately) but the pda will confirm your working all your hours!.

Declaration of war.

08 Feb 2019, 22:33

We are going to try and fight it but I already feel we are going to lose and that this is the end . :sad:

Declaration of war.

08 Feb 2019, 22:40

This happened 15 years ago some idiot wanting 150 hours out

Declaration of war.

08 Feb 2019, 22:53

You all must be cutting corners the actuals from Pdas are showing you you are all finishing early, since we started to do the job as Royal Mail want you to do i.e. properly they will be putting hours in!!!!

Declaration of war.

08 Feb 2019, 22:55

Just work to my time every day and do the job properly.
The stupid early starting runners do my lapsing when the get back early.

Declaration of war.

08 Feb 2019, 23:04

Celgar wrote:We are going to try and fight it but I already feel we are going to lose and that this is the end . :sad:

What are you going to lose start and finish on time simple really.. if there is failures not your or any other postperson's problem.

Declaration of war.

08 Feb 2019, 23:07

Celgar wrote:We are going to try and fight it but I already feel we are going to lose and that this is the end . :sad:

Get number one in as your office rep he and his colleagues seem to have plenty of hours to spare in their DO.

Declaration of war.

08 Feb 2019, 23:15

But according to your posting history apparently you (and/or your office) have been working unpaid O/T for quite some time. Perhaps you should have 'worked to rule'
before getting to this point..........

Declaration of war.

08 Feb 2019, 23:28

3%!! In my old office the manager will want to take more than that out so he can earn himself a bigger bonus!!!! :no no

Declaration of war.

08 Feb 2019, 23:40

we were warned in one of our rare work time learning meetings a couple of weeks ago about some big announcements being made in March. I assume it must be about a similar scenario.

Declaration of war.

08 Feb 2019, 23:54

every DO every year is given a figure to try and save in their office yearly.
my old office was asked to save 6% on last year, the dom offered 3% and that was accepted.

if they don't keep to their forecast the dom can get sacked, and lose their bonuses.

sooner or later however, this will all implode and offices will fail left right and cente.
when this happens we all need to stand together and stop lapsing and doing enforced overtime ( I would also say stop coming in early for free and working your breaks, but you will never stop those numpties from doing it, even though it is costing jobs in every DO in the country )

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 10   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10