not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT CWU : We have announced an industrial action ballot timetable in Royal Mail group - ballot papers will be dispatched on 24th September if no agreement is reached before then. HERE

Delivered a Special Delivery late.

06 Feb 2019, 17:57

Today I delivered a Special Delivery 30 minutes late. I apologised to the customer, he didn’t mind at all. I got back quite late today so haven’t spoken to my DOM and will do tomorrow.

I usually keep specials in a tray in the back of the van but it was a big package that didn’t fit so I put it next to the tray and must have forgot about it. I’m proper gutted this has happened as I’m usually so careful with SD’s.

I’m due to go full time on Monday so I’m proper kicking myself. What are the consequences here?

Thanks for your help.

06 Feb 2019, 18:05

A slap on the wrist at worst would be a fair outcome.

When you speak to the manager be upfront and honest and also mention you have apologised to the customer and they were fine with it. My manager only tends to go off the deep end when he is caught unawares if you cock up and tell him he is as right as rain with you.

Hope yours is the same.

06 Feb 2019, 18:10

You'll probably find that all your colleagues will send you to Coventry for at least the next couple of months for being a blot on the image of Royal Mail,Do it again and its head down the toilet time.

06 Feb 2019, 18:20

The customer is the one who paid to have it delivered before 1pm.
If they know it was late they are entitled to compensation.

06 Feb 2019, 19:20

Unless you've got previous, you'll be told to take more care in future and maybe coached by a workplace coach

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1