not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Incident On The M6 Motorway Last Night

10 Jan 2019, 07:07

Don't know if anyone has seen or heard it in the news but during that, the police were searching lorries, including a Royal Mail double-stacker.

https://news.sky.com/story/police-searc ... t-11603101

Second photo in that article. I expect that it came from a Twitter or Facebook post, if anyone knows where, can you report the thread asking for a link to the relevant social media post to be added.

I didn't know that the police were allowed to search Royal Mail lorries and the H&S fallout might be interesting as I doubt it would be considered safe to be climbing about inside a double stacker trailer

10 Jan 2019, 09:20

As far as I know you can refuse to let them look
I think the option is you wait for my manager to arrive and then he can give you permission to search it
or we drive to the nearest depot then the manager there can give you permission to search it
Smiffy

10 Jan 2019, 20:00

Is there an exemption in law preventing Royal Mail vehicles being searched? I doubt that somehow, in this particular scenario , how is a manager going to get there, or the lorty moved to the nearest mail,centre,if the entire motorway is shut.

10 Jan 2019, 20:34

rubberbond wrote:Is there an exemption in law preventing Royal Mail vehicles being searched? I doubt that somehow, in this particular scenario , how is a manager going to get there, or the lorty moved to the nearest mail,centre,if the entire motorway is shut.

I would have thought that it'd get classed as something like interfering with the mail

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1