not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Paternity leave during Bank Holidays

07 Jan 2019, 22:29

I am currently on paternity leave and am due to resume this Thursday. I took off the first two weeks as paternity and added a week of my annual leave to the end of making three weeks leave in total. I was just wondering that as there was three bank Holidays during my leave (Christmas eve, day and new years eve) would I be able to add these three days to the end of my leave. Cheers for your help all.

07 Jan 2019, 23:12

mrpostie wrote:I am currently on paternity leave and am due to resume this Thursday. I took off the first two weeks as paternity and added a week of my annual leave to the end of making three weeks leave in total. I was just wondering that as there was three bank Holidays during my leave (Christmas eve, day and new years eve) would I be able to add these three days to the end of my leave. Cheers for your help all.

Doubt it but no harm in asking.

08 Jan 2019, 02:04

Yes your still entitled to them. Why wouldn't you be.

08 Jan 2019, 14:06

If they were on your annual leave, yes. If they were part of your paternity leave, then no I wouldn't have thought so as they won't be able to be offset against your annual leave entitlement on PSP.
You don't actually get a day back now for an annual leave week, you just use up the hours for the other days that week, so say your scheduled rest day was Wednesday on a bank holiday Monday week, you'd have the hrs of Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday taken off your entitlement. Hope that makes sense, and congratulations btw.

08 Jan 2019, 14:25

Whilst on paternity leave any bank holiday should be credited back to you,,, when your dom will let you take them is a different question

08 Jan 2019, 14:29

As bank holidays form part of your 5.6 weeks statutory annual leave refusing to credit them back to you would be unlawful.

08 Jan 2019, 18:13

grchpo wrote:Christmas eve & New years eve are not bank holidays

I'm assuming he means 25th and 26th December and 1st January.

08 Jan 2019, 23:17

grchpo wrote:Christmas eve & New years eve are not bank holidays

Sorry, I should have said I work nights so I would have had both of these nights off as they roll into bank Holidays.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1