not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Delivery on a round where you live

07 Jan 2019, 19:06

Hi heard a long time ago (don’t know if this this a myth or a just a very old outdated rule) that you aren’t allowed to deliver where you live. Has anyone heard about this?

07 Jan 2019, 19:11

Well if that's true our office is breaking the rule! Couple of pasties I know of stop off at home to have a bacon butty at home!

07 Jan 2019, 19:12

Charliecat wrote:Well if that's true our office is breaking the rule! Couple of pasties I know of stop off at home to have a bacon butty at home!

Well maybe calling the pasties was a bit harsh :chuckle

07 Jan 2019, 19:13

Them ! Bloody typos :crazy:

07 Jan 2019, 19:20

I am a reserve and I delivered 2 maybe 3 times to the place where I live ( and I had a break at my own home :cuppa as well ) I know some posties do this regularly.

07 Jan 2019, 19:21

qw wrote:Hi heard a long time ago (don’t know if this this a myth or a just a very old outdated rule) that you aren’t allowed to deliver where you live. Has anyone heard about this?

Never heard that one before! We have posties delivering where they live. I've done it myself.

07 Jan 2019, 19:24

Have heard of it and it did happen in our office when I first started 30+ yrs ago , but like alot of things it slipped out of use. Same as you couldn't do driving O/T after a night shift.

07 Jan 2019, 19:26

nah...few of our lads always pick there own walk ie were they live.......I always swerve mine on a repick

07 Jan 2019, 19:34

Delivered to my own house loads of times.

07 Jan 2019, 19:58

Yep, I'm a reserve and get my street quite often. Park the HCT outside my living room in my full view locked up, and take my half hour with a nice cuppa and sandwich. I even do this when I'm on other rounds that skirt my street. Happy Day's! :dance

07 Jan 2019, 22:03

I deliver to my house, gave myself a tenner at Christmas

07 Jan 2019, 22:59

As others have said, this is rubbish. Loads of our posties do and I have done my own house previously. It's great for a toilet stop or taking your meal relief in comfort! The only time I've ever signed for a customers parcel was my wives as I opened my own door and put it inside.

07 Jan 2019, 23:03

I certainly delivered my own house for 3 years, helped with deliver to a neighbour more than once as well !

07 Jan 2019, 23:04

Jack1960 wrote:I deliver to my house, gave myself a tenner at Christmas

:chuckle :chuckle

07 Jan 2019, 23:10

postietom wrote:As others have said, this is rubbish. Loads of our posties do and I have done my own house previously. It's great for a toilet stop or taking your meal relief in comfort! The only time I've ever signed for a customers parcel was my wives as I opened my own door and put it inside.

Unacceptable. If she denies receipt you could be sacked. It isn’t worth the risk. Remember, she is not your wife when in uniform, the sender is everything, notworththeriskworktotimeworktorulePDAactualsnoemotions.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2