not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Ring Bells..........Do You

07 Jan 2019, 18:50

There are a lot of houses with these new Ring Bells ( the ones that film you when you ring them). I never ring them I knock on the door as I don't want to be filmed, out of interest does anybody else not ring them. And do we have to ring them

07 Jan 2019, 18:55

Our office has been told not to use them as we only speak face to face with customers

07 Jan 2019, 19:26

I think they have a motion sensor and record as soon as it's triggered so you are being filmed even if you don't ring the bell

07 Jan 2019, 19:28

Personally I never use them. I dont wanna listen ( and waste my time) customer’s moaning ,asking to go to neighbor No 5 or to No 10 which is opposite side if the No 5 is not answering ....etc Or explaining them that I cannot leave the parcel in a safeplace ,they simply dont get it.

07 Jan 2019, 19:28

A2B wrote:I think they have a motion sensor and record as soon as it's triggered so you are being filmed even if you don't ring the bell

that would make sense as a couple of the rings on mine make a noise as I approach
I do use them as a last resort...knock 1st then use them if theres no answer

07 Jan 2019, 20:17

I don't ring doorbells period.
Too many don't work or aren't loud enough to hear in the house.
A good hard three rap on the letterbox will wake the dead.

07 Jan 2019, 20:26

Well that's a new one. I've not encountered these New Camera/Bells yet. :shock: I work on the basis of: Try the Bell... and then regardless I give the door a good bang... with the PDA! No bruised knuckles for me. :thumbup Sometimes you'll get someone saying, "My doorbell does work you know"? but I'll just tell them "Force of habit mate". :cuppa

07 Jan 2019, 21:26

I try to avoid them as much as possible, but they're becoming more and more pervasive.

I just read an artile earlier today that suggests some new models will be fitted with sensors that pick up when a door is knocked on. They're becoming more and more intrusive, the big tech giants are clearly data mining people's front doors now.

What concerns me is the privacy aspect. As soon as the data is uploaded across to the US, what they do with the data is pretty much upto them, facial regognition, profiling, whatever, and nobody that buys these things cares about privacy, as they spend half their lives posting s**t on Facebook.

07 Jan 2019, 21:31

I wouldn't be surprised to see them become standard for blocks of flats eventually

07 Jan 2019, 21:33

I have a few on my walk. The funny thing is not one has ever spoke to me through them. They are a con also, to get the full features you need to pay a monthly subscription. Cheapest is 2.50 a month. That probably explains why none talks to me through them.

07 Jan 2019, 21:46

CPTNemoUK wrote:I have a few on my walk. The funny thing is not one has ever spoke to me through them. They are a con also, to get the full features you need to pay a monthly subscription. Cheapest is 2.50 a month. That probably explains why none talks to me through them.

They probably have but the speaker is so weak you can hardly hear it, one of my customers has taken his down already saying it was useless

07 Jan 2019, 22:19

I use them and to be honest I’m happy to.

If they ask me to deliver to neighbour and the PDA allows me to, I do, and put a card through.

If they ask me to do something dodgy, I say “I can’t, especially when you have video evidence of me doing it”.

Not one person yet has argued against that line.

07 Jan 2019, 22:54

DICKIEG wrote:There are a lot of houses with these new Ring Bells ( the ones that film you when you ring them). I never ring them I knock on the door as I don't want to be filmed, out of interest does anybody else not ring them. And do we have to ring them

Depending on the setting they're on they record you regardless of if you press it or not. I don't use them, saves on the row when they ask you to sign for it or door step it. Make sure you follow procedure and try a next door; they have video evidence if you don't!

07 Jan 2019, 23:18

postietom wrote:
DICKIEG wrote:There are a lot of houses with these new Ring Bells ( the ones that film you when you ring them). I never ring them I knock on the door as I don't want to be filmed, out of interest does anybody else not ring them. And do we have to ring them

Depending on the setting they're on they record you regardless of if you press it or not. I don't use them, saves on the row when they ask you to sign for it or door step it. Make sure you follow procedure and try a next door; they have video evidence if you don't!

What if on a rural an next door is a mile away does it still record :cuppa

08 Jan 2019, 08:02

LaggyBand wrote:I use them and to be honest I’m happy to.

If they ask me to deliver to neighbour and the PDA allows me to, I do, and put a card through.

If they ask me to do something dodgy, I say “I can’t, especially when you have video evidence of me doing it”.

Not one person yet has argued against that line.

THIS , it’s no big deal some people need to move with the times .

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3