not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Chinese packets

08 Jan 2019, 16:04

glenfiddich wrote:My best one was a menstrual cup :thumbdown

Euuugh!!

Chinese packets

08 Jan 2019, 17:41

its amazing what s**t people will buy because they're too lazy to walk 5 mins up the road and buy some clothes pegs

Chinese packets

08 Jan 2019, 17:45

I had one with toilet roll on the description! Hope they weren't waiting to too long for that Sh*t!

Chinese packets

08 Jan 2019, 17:49

noggin1969 wrote:Some say untracked under the code , you scan them and they come up as sign for.

The ones that say tracked are unscannable, the ones that say untracked are scannable, don’t ask me why???

Chinese packets

08 Jan 2019, 18:10

Only when I'm in a good mood :crazy:

Chinese packets

08 Jan 2019, 19:23

I scan everything unless it says delivery event scan not required

Chinese packets

09 Jan 2019, 06:51

scoobydo79 wrote:

Euuugh!!

What’s euuugh about a menstrual cup? It’s just a bit of silicone/rubber!

Chinese packets

09 Jan 2019, 14:19

Bleepbleep wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:

Euuugh!!

What’s euuugh about a menstrual cup? It’s just a bit of silicone/rubber!

Perhaps he is like those Dads and Husbands you see in the supermarkets waiting at the end of the Sanitary products aisle, embarrassed to go any further. :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

Chinese packets

10 Jan 2019, 10:32

Never scan them, only stuff from specials locker, 2D, tracked, delivered scanned etc. Never had or heard of anyone in the office being pulled about the chinese stuff. Unless they scanned in the they mail centre, they don't go against your compliance.

Chinese packets

10 Jan 2019, 20:37

postman_jack wrote:Never scan them, only stuff from specials locker, 2D, tracked, delivered scanned etc. Never had or heard of anyone in the office being pulled about the chinese stuff. Unless they scanned in the they mail centre, they don't go against your compliance.

They might get scanned in at HWDC, afaik HWDC is highly automated

Chinese packets

10 Jan 2019, 21:50

abuch1980 wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:I had one the other day. Looked at the description and it said toothbrush. Are people that lazy that they can't be bothered to go to a B&M and get 6 for a £1 :arrrghhh

I never understand posties that moan about people buying items off the internet. Why would:

A) a person move for a toothbrush if they don’t have to; and
B) not buy one that exactly matches what they want (eg nice pink one with daughters name on) and instead move and travel to get whatever one happens to be stocked in a store?

I buy all sorts off the net and don’t feel one shred of “guilt” towards the postie AT ALL.

Obviously you've never heard of your carbon footprint.

Driving around to individual merchants isn’t exactly green either..

Chinese packets

10 Jan 2019, 21:54

Back to your question.
No i dont bother scanning them and no manager has ever said anything about it,so i guess they dont register on the system.

Chinese packets

13 Jan 2019, 13:17

Why do people "not bother"? What other parts of the job that you're paid to do do you "not bother" with?

If it has a barcode I scan it. It tales me one second.

It doesn't exactly take a lot of effort. And the Chinese ones very rarely require a signature now, just stuff from other foreign countries do.

Chinese packets

13 Jan 2019, 17:54

Mr Blonde wrote:Why do people "not bother"? What other parts of the job that you're paid to do do you "not bother" with?

If it has a barcode I scan it. It tales me one second.

It doesn't exactly take a lot of effort. And the Chinese ones very rarely require a signature now, just stuff from other foreign countries do.
:Applause :Applause :Applause

Chinese packets

15 Jan 2019, 10:45

If the PDA can scan it and it will register on the screen I will scan it. I was also under the impression that in terms of items from other countries if we don't scan it then RM don't receive any payment. I believe this is covered by something called the Universal Postal Union. As others have pointed out some countries such as China get virtually free postage but it would be worth scanning the ones from other countries such as the US, Australia, Germany etc as there would likely be revenue on those. For example I have seen items from Australia in the past with large postage amounts printed on them so if scanned RM would receive a share of that amount.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2