not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Chinese packets

07 Jan 2019, 19:06

Simple question. Do you bother to scan the barcode

Chinese packets

07 Jan 2019, 19:13

gunho wrote:Simple question. Do you bother to scan the barcode

On the ones I know will scan yes, however I know of people who don’t scan any and nothings ever said. Don’t forget some of them are signed for and there’s no way of knowing until you’ve scanned it though. I had a signed for with a value of 21p once. Ridiculous.

Chinese packets

07 Jan 2019, 19:15

Some say untracked under the code , you scan them and they come up as sign for.

Chinese packets

07 Jan 2019, 19:28

I was wondering this. I scan anyway just in case. Plus as mentioned above some can randomly require a signature.

The thing I don't understand is... why doesn't the pda let you deliver foreign parcels to neighbours? Not just signed for. Any. Even the worthless little Chinese packets!

Chinese packets

07 Jan 2019, 20:42

I was told RM only get paid for them if they are scanned,how much I don,t know, It can,t be much because whats in them usually only costs 99p :roll:

Chinese packets

07 Jan 2019, 21:09

these packets are discounted as they are classed as coming from 3rd world countries
its an absolute racket as rm only paid pennies to deliver
ask how much it costs us to send packet to china
rm should return every one as insufficient postage as they do with xmas cards etc here

Chinese packets

07 Jan 2019, 21:29

One of my customers had a good one the other day. I said, "I'm getting sick of delivering these bloody Little Parcels from China". He said "Yeah their definately JUNK Mail" :dance

Chinese packets

07 Jan 2019, 21:58

I’m lucky if I can find the address on them let alone scanning one of the many barcodes they have!

Chinese packets

07 Jan 2019, 22:27

I had one the other day. Looked at the description and it said toothbrush. Are people that lazy that they can't be bothered to go to a B&M and get 6 for a £1 :arrrghhh

Chinese packets

07 Jan 2019, 23:21

My best one was a menstrual cup :thumbdown

Chinese packets

07 Jan 2019, 23:30

I've noticed on eBay when you search by 'UK only' a lot of the results show a vague location at the top of the page ('London, UK'. Or even just 'UK'). If you look all the way at the bottom it almost always list a business address in Shenzhen. So I could imagine more than a few people just see the free postage offer without realising the item is in China and will take a month by sea to arrive.

Chinese packets

07 Jan 2019, 23:31

CPTNemoUK wrote:I had one the other day. Looked at the description and it said toothbrush. Are people that lazy that they can't be bothered to go to a B&M and get 6 for a £1 :arrrghhh

I never understand posties that moan about people buying items off the internet. Why would:

A) a person move for a toothbrush if they don’t have to; and
B) not buy one that exactly matches what they want (eg nice pink one with daughters name on) and instead move and travel to get whatever one happens to be stocked in a store?

I buy all sorts off the net and don’t feel one shred of “guilt” towards the postie AT ALL.

Chinese packets

08 Jan 2019, 16:00

glenfiddich wrote:My best one was a menstrual cup :thumbdown

Probably second hand one must have half a billion of those things over there!

Chinese packets

08 Jan 2019, 16:05

LaggyBand wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:I had one the other day. Looked at the description and it said toothbrush. Are people that lazy that they can't be bothered to go to a B&M and get 6 for a £1 :arrrghhh

I never understand posties that moan about people buying items off the internet. Why would:

A) a person move for a toothbrush if they don’t have to; and
B) not buy one that exactly matches what they want (eg nice pink one with daughters name on) and instead move and travel to get whatever one happens to be stocked in a store?

I buy all sorts off the net and don’t feel one shred of “guilt” towards the postie AT ALL.

Obviously you've never heard of your carbon footprint.

Chinese packets

08 Jan 2019, 16:15

glenfiddich wrote:My best one was a menstrual cup :thumbdown

Bloody hell.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3