not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Dom Support a bully

06 Dec 2018, 10:13

Our Dom support was thrown out of another D/O due to bullying and sent to us. He is supposed to be a postman part-time and deputy manager part-time. He lies, makes (not so) subtle threats and abuses his position. Only postie work he does is sort mail from early morning - he's always first in - and claims it as overtime. He also books OT to cover Dom's day off. He makes a fortune every week yet won't pay our overtime as it will break our budget. He has a couple of favourites he treats well but the rest of us are treated like cr*p. Morale is on the floor. If we complain and point out our rights he tells us there are plenty of jobs elsewhere. Not something you can all help with but I needed a rant. :evil/mad

Dom Support a bully

06 Dec 2018, 10:36

Bullying Dom's always get moved from office to office never get dismissed. Royal Mail will never learn from there incompetent managers , moving them from pillar to post achievs nothing. I wonder what percentage of doms and management actually are bullies ?

Dom Support a bully

06 Dec 2018, 13:00

hothothot wrote:Bullying Dom's always get moved from office to office never get dismissed. Royal Mail will never learn from there incompetent managers , moving them from pillar to post achievs nothing. I wonder what percentage of doms and management actually are bullies ?

Agree but there are also plenty of posties that have been moved around offices due to certain incidents that in other jobs they would have been sacked for.

Dom Support a bully

06 Dec 2018, 15:24

jollyginger wrote:yet won't pay our overtime as it will break our budget.

so why do people still do OT ? time to make a stand me thinks ! when the managers ask why no ones doing OT theyre gonna hear about it.

Dom Support a bully

06 Dec 2018, 16:38

I agree with Postie45, why do ot for him? Force him to manage.
By doing overtime for him only backs up his belief that his style of management works and he will continue to do it.

Dom Support a bully

06 Dec 2018, 17:43

Take your paid breaks, do the job correctly and don't do any unpaid overtime.

And personally I wouldn't concern myself with how much they are earning or how little they do.

Dom Support a bully

06 Dec 2018, 18:31

jollyginger wrote: postman part-time and deputy manager part-time.

Probably not a Dom Support then. Just a postie who wants to be a manager. We've got a few who do the substitute managing. None of them are Dom Support.

Dom Support a bully

06 Dec 2018, 19:32

Yeah a Dom Support is a Dom Support part time and f**k all else the rest of the time they should be working.

Dom Support a bully

06 Dec 2018, 20:57

chickenwittle wrote:
hothothot wrote:Bullying Dom's always get moved from office to office never get dismissed. Royal Mail will never learn from there incompetent managers , moving them from pillar to post achievs nothing. I wonder what percentage of doms and management actually are bullies ?

Agree but there are also plenty of posties that have been moved around offices due to certain incidents that in other jobs they would have been sacked for.

The big difference is that the OPG does not hold any power over others, unlike transferred managers who are free to continue abusing staff - so where is the fairness in that ?
BTW, you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about naughty posties ! Note you are often “ sympathetic “ towards the unscrupulous managers who create the REAL bullying / intimidation carried out in DOs !
Strange, do you have a thing going on with managers, like a teachers pet maybe ?

Dom Support a bully

07 Dec 2018, 16:42

Mine didnt,neither of them got moved,they have been bullying for years,one of the reasons why I got out

Dom Support a bully

07 Dec 2018, 20:01

You need to forget about how much they are earning or how little they do. You don't need any real qualifications to be a Royal Mail manager, only the ability to get around the right people and bulls*t your way through life. There is often very little that you can do or say to change that.

What I don't get is Royal Mail continuing to support these toe-rags. Why they don't just get rid or if they can't do that, demote them, is beyond me.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1