not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Reducing hours/ days

05 Dec 2018, 19:51

I’m currently on a part time contract doing 30 hours over 5 days, I’m finding that there is no work life balance and I would like to reduce my days to 4.
I’m happy to also reduce my hours, is this something Royal Mail would consider?

Reducing hours/ days

05 Dec 2018, 20:13

Walking boots wrote:I’m currently on a part time contract doing 30 hours over 5 days, I’m finding that there is no work life balance and I would like to reduce my days to 4.

Probably not. If you can't get a work life balance on 6 hrs a day, you shouldn't have took the job on really. Try doing 45 hrs over 6 days if you want a compromised work life balance. Sorry to sound harsh, but there's alot of people out there that would kill for a 30 hr contract over 5 days.

Reducing hours/ days

05 Dec 2018, 20:14

Sorry, typo, 45 hrs over 5 days.

Reducing hours/ days

05 Dec 2018, 20:18

Totally agree

Reducing hours/ days

05 Dec 2018, 20:54

yes is it possible to have hours reduced so long as the DOM is happy to do it.

Reducing hours/ days

06 Dec 2018, 06:19

Your best bet is to try and find some one else who wants to work a job share and work the days that suit you both, should n't be too difficult to be honest.

good luck,

Reducing hours/ days

06 Dec 2018, 10:59

rambo1 wrote:
Walking boots wrote:I’m currently on a part time contract doing 30 hours over 5 days, I’m finding that there is no work life balance and I would like to reduce my days to 4.

Probably not. If you can't get a work life balance on 6 hrs a day, you shouldn't have took the job on really. Try doing 45 hrs over 6 days if you want a compromised work life balance. Sorry to sound harsh, but there's alot of people out there that would kill for a 30 hr contract over 5 days.

The problem is part timers generally get a bit of a raw deal, always on the worst walks, expected to achieve as much as someone who works full time, no idea when your day off is going to be, although you can usually expect it to be Tuesday!
I can see what your saying but it’s your choice to do 45 hours, I like the job but despite what everyone seems to think about part timers we are not all desperate for the extra hours/money.

Reducing hours/ days

06 Dec 2018, 15:26

yes, someone complaining that you dont do as many hours as them is completely irrelevant to your initial question. People take on part time roles for a reason as they have other commitments outside of work.

Reducing hours/ days

06 Dec 2018, 18:20

Postie45 wrote:yes, someone complaining that you dont do as many hours as them is completely irrelevant to your initial question. People take on part time roles for a reason as they have other commitments outside of work.

They took on the job at 30 hrs. The issue isn't one of being a leave reserve, as I understood it, it was an issue of working 6 hrs a day and can't find a work life balance. Thats something entirely different. If all they want is the 30 hrs they signed up for, then work your hrs.

Reducing hours/ days

07 Dec 2018, 17:32

He was asking a simple question and didnt need your shouldnt of taken the job role on guessing your a full time muppet who thinks you have the right to open your gob without thinking about his situation. Muppet

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1