not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Full time up to Xmas confusion

05 Dec 2018, 18:41

The manager said if part-time staff work full time up to Xmas including day off they will be automatically paid the full-time hours - 38 hours per week.

He said the hours' will be 7.30am to 14.00. That's 39 hours! But we will be getting paid for 38 hours.
Can someone enlighten me here?!?!
:hmmmm

05 Dec 2018, 19:06

simplythebest wrote:The manager said if part-time staff work full time up to Xmas including day off they will be automatically paid the full-time hours - 38 hours per week.

He said the hours' will be 7.30am to 14.00. That's 39 hours! But we will be getting paid for 38 hours.
Can someone enlighten me here?!?!
:hmmmm

Last year I was promised a full bonus and full time contract. What it was in fact, was the extra full time hours were paid in overtime. I was working full time hours but my contract wasn't changed, never got full bonus and got told, tough it's not my fault by management.

Annoys me as I did far more hours than most of the full timers who cut off and did the bare minimum.

This year is the same.

05 Dec 2018, 19:10

Are those your regular hours? Sounds like he's just asking you to work your rest day rather than go full time. Check your payslip and what it says next to basic hours against what it usually says.

05 Dec 2018, 19:32

postietom wrote:Are those your regular hours? Sounds like he's just asking you to work your rest day rather than go full time. Check your payslip and what it says next to basic hours against what it usually says.

No these aren't my regular hours.
In my office, every part-timer who wants to is made up to full-time hours in the 2 weeks before Xmas. You also get the full Xmas bonus if you agree to do this.

The manager said we don't have to put overtime down on the sheet because we will AUTOMATICALLY be made up to full time. The hours are 7.30am to 14.00 six days a week- 39 hours per week BUT full time hours are 38 per week now and that's what we will be paid

I think I'm either not understanding something or they are trying to con part-timers out of one hour every week.

05 Dec 2018, 19:53

simplythebest wrote:
postietom wrote:Are those your regular hours? Sounds like he's just asking you to work your rest day rather than go full time. Check your payslip and what it says next to basic hours against what it usually says.

In my office, every part-timer who wants to is made up to full-time hours in the 2 weeks before Xmas. You also get the full Xmas bonus if you agree to do this.

The manager said we don't have to put overtime down on the sheet because we will AUTOMATICALLY be made up to full time. The hours are 7.30am to 14.00 six days a week- 39 hours per week BUT full time hours are 38 per week now and that's what we will be paid

I think I'm either not understanding something or they are trying to con part-timers out of one hour every week.

There will be a daily 10 minute break unpaid incorporated 6 X 10 minures =1 hour unpaid.

Also being upgraded to F/T hours will be at basic O/T rate and not SA rates unless you exceed the 38 hours per week.

05 Dec 2018, 19:56

rehabron wrote:
simplythebest wrote:

There will be a daily 10 minute break unpaid incorporated 6 X 10 minures =1 hour unpaid.

Also being upgraded to F/T hours will be at basic O/T rate and not SA rates unless you exceed the 38 hours per week.

Apologies that should have read the F/T hours will be at normal basic rate and anthying over and above the 38 hours will be SA rates.

05 Dec 2018, 20:04

rehabron wrote:
simplythebest wrote:

That would explain it. However, I thought all members of staff were paid for their breaks!?!

06 Dec 2018, 12:35

When did UNPAID BREAKS of any kind, apart from S.A. and HGV drivers.

06 Dec 2018, 16:03

if its not a contractual change , then you will be shafted the xmas bonus

06 Dec 2018, 18:11

Navalron wrote:When did UNPAID BREAKS of any kind, apart from S.A. and HGV drivers.

Thats what " Simply the best" and others need to question with their DOM via their union rep.
The only thing I can think off they have been given an additional grace break and is being unpaid or DOM's maths isn't very good.

06 Dec 2018, 19:45

Break shouldn't come into it, we've been made up to full time and the hours reflect last years but with an hour less due to the SWW. 12 minutes off our finish time from last year. The only day you don't get a paid break is if you've signed for your rest day.

06 Dec 2018, 20:37

[quote="postietom"]Break shouldn't come into it, we've been made up to full time and the hours reflect last years but with an hour less due to the SWW. 12 minutes off our finish time from last year. The only day you don't get a paid break is if you've signed for your rest day.[/quote

I thought it was only S.A. that there is no meal relief/break. Overtime should still carry a paid M/R. Also a head break at the discretion of the duty lino/DOM is down to them and is payable either that or if they give you a 15 minutes Grace break then you would claim docket for going over, UNLESS your a runner breaking RMs own rules for delivery and making it harder for delivery offices everywhere. :cuppa

06 Dec 2018, 22:03

rehabron wrote:
simplythebest wrote:

No there wont be a 10 minute unpaid break.

There has been a f**k up. An adjustment of 10 minutes per day is required, either a 10 minute later start or a 10 minute earlier finish.

You are also entitled to 30 minutes PAID meal relief!

06 Dec 2018, 22:09

What are the FT hours of attendance? Why should you be required to work your rest day? Absolute bollocks from the rep to agree to that. It should be 5 days and the same hours as full-time colleagues.

I would assume that the FT hours are 06:24 to 1400 which reflects a 7 hour 36 minute daily attendance. That is what the PT staff moving to FT over xmas period should be working over 5 days.

Sounds like rep has absolutely shafted the PT's in your office!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1