not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Pda shortage

05 Dec 2018, 17:13

In our DO we’ve not got enough pdas for the office so we’re 1 pda per pair it’s so awkward this time of year.But I can’t see them getting any new ones in to sort the problem.

Pda shortage

05 Dec 2018, 17:22

Smith1212 wrote:In our DO we’ve not got enough pdas for the office so we’re 1 pda per pair it’s so awkward this time of year.But I can’t see them getting any new ones in to sort the problem.

Got a shortage in our office also. The Hct walks don't get one. There's been a fair bit of moaning.

Pda shortage

05 Dec 2018, 17:25

Smith1212 wrote:In our DO we’ve not got enough pdas for the office so we’re 1 pda per pair it’s so awkward this time of year.But I can’t see them getting any new ones in to sort the problem.

When there was a shortage of PDAs at our place I flat refused to go out on delivery.

If you're not giving me the tools to get the job done...

It took them a minute to find me two PDAs.

Pda shortage

05 Dec 2018, 17:49

What about Your 2D codes?You must be missing em all.No way should you have 1 between you

Pda shortage

05 Dec 2018, 18:12

Take photos then scan them on pda when back to the van it’s so annoying!

Pda shortage

05 Dec 2018, 18:16

Smith1212 wrote:Take photos then scan them on pda when back to the van it’s so annoying!

You can be conducted for taking pics of barcodes.

Pda shortage

05 Dec 2018, 18:35

Smith1212 wrote:Take photos then scan them on pda when back to the van it’s so annoying!

what if you don't have a phone to take pictures?

this is bad management.

Pda shortage

05 Dec 2018, 18:59

miles_peters wrote:

what if you don't have a phone to take pictures?

this is bad management.

blimey were short of scanners.....I chose out of our pair to go without....
I DONT TAKE ANY NOTICE OF 2D`s for the time being...
I have to jot down on the old type sheet all the tracked numbers and get customers to scribble a signature some were next to the number
2 days running I have messed up on tracked numbers so they cant be entered into my partners pda.

Rain all day today I had a load of paper mache sheets with barcodes fading today LOL

dom tutted when I couldn't make out a number....my fault? lol

oh an btw we were told at a team brief to use our phones to take pics of the barcodes.......no way was I using my phone in the rain today

Pda shortage

05 Dec 2018, 19:02

PDA shortage has to be one of the key reasons why Tracked items are not being scanned...

Pda shortage

05 Dec 2018, 19:15

We were short, a couple have turned up recently though. It's a pain in the arse, no getting away from that. I'm on packets and had to go a day without one. I used my phone; was no way I was writing everything down.

Pda shortage

05 Dec 2018, 19:16

themailman wrote:

Not when your told to in work time learner by your boss

Pda shortage

05 Dec 2018, 19:42

Smith1212 wrote:
themailman wrote:

Not when your told to in work time learner by your boss

And said boss if the s**t were to hit the fan about taking photos of the barcodes would if it's not been put signed, in writing would just deny giving that instruction

Pda shortage

05 Dec 2018, 19:44

Yeah 60 other workers got the same message so I don’t think you could really deny it

Pda shortage

05 Dec 2018, 19:54

You've got to be mad using your personal phone to cover RMs shortcomings

Pda shortage

05 Dec 2018, 20:02

Yep same in our DO .short on pdas. Told to forget about 2ds And delivered scanned just make sure tracked items are clear on epod cards .. Oh and try not to cut off .lol

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2