not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Finishing early but then being sent back out..

04 Dec 2018, 17:41

Does this happen at your office at all? Does this include new people? I've seen it happen to a new postie but not sure if the DOM is allowed to send new people back out?

04 Dec 2018, 17:42

Work Yo’ Time.

04 Dec 2018, 18:07

Exactly I’m always back at DO on my time or maybe 10/15 mins earlier but after I empty van it’s time to go home on time.

04 Dec 2018, 18:15

FirstPost wrote:Does this happen at your office at all? Does this include new people? I've seen it happen to a new postie but not sure if the DOM is allowed to send new people back out?

Firstly do they take a full break ?
Secondly, yes it happens and it should, if anyone is back early they still have time to do more. Now they should be given the chance on returning to the delivery office to book things back in, return pouches to frame etc and have a toilet break.
If they send new people out to an area theyre unfamiliar with, the managers have a duty of care to make sure the new person knows where theyre going, and know about any potential hazards on that delivery.
Other than that theyre not different to any other Royal Mail employee.

04 Dec 2018, 18:36

Work the hours you are paid. Simple

04 Dec 2018, 18:42

You’d have to be getting back at least hour early to get sent back out at our place, they just say they haven’t had their break - thats 40 mins, sort out van, kill offs, toilet (no.2), drink, going to the corner flag, and any other time wasting exercise they can get away with. Factor in 10 min travelling time to get to the delivery destination, 10 mins back ... in the end the manager gives up as it’s just not worth the hassle. :cuppa

04 Dec 2018, 18:56

Nope, finish at 12 some days and go home. 11:30 on a Saturday

04 Dec 2018, 19:20

Equal offices again........... :hmmmm how the hell are people getting back early at this time of year??

04 Dec 2018, 19:22

number one wrote:Nope, finish at 12 some days and go home. 11:30 on a Saturday

Jeez, what time do you start in your office, 5am? Make the most of it, it ain't gonna last long.

04 Dec 2018, 19:37

rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:Nope, finish at 12 some days and go home. 11:30 on a Saturday

Jeez, what time do you start in your office, 5am? Make the most of it, it ain't gonna last long.

6:30.

Hahah, we will see. People have been saying that for 15 years or more

04 Dec 2018, 20:12

Didn't anyone read or take notice of the " four pillars " ? Protecting each other's jobs ? The CWU has got full time staff a 38 hr week but this obviously isn't enough for some

04 Dec 2018, 20:27

People deserve to be sent back out if they are getting back way before their time!!!!

04 Dec 2018, 21:13

I know of some Posties getting back at 12 o clock and nothing is said even at Christmas

04 Dec 2018, 21:15

houseoflords wrote:I know of some Posties getting back at 12 o clock and nothing is said even at Christmas

It’s just some of us are quicker/better than others. That’s not having a go, it’s a fact

04 Dec 2018, 21:44

number one wrote:
houseoflords wrote:I know of some Posties getting back at 12 o clock and nothing is said even at Christmas

It’s just some of us are quicker/better than others. That’s not having a go, it’s a fact

It’s definitely true that quicker posties are quicker than slower posties;

However the employer and CWU measure work in terms of time, so it literally doesn’t matter.

If I do half a round, and you do a full round, and it takes me longer, then I’ve done more work than you.

Once the PDA plan is rolled out fully, this will become clearer in practice.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4