not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Moving house Friday

04 Dec 2018, 17:24

Asked for the day off big no and then asked to buy the day off and no :( I know it’s xmas.

Moving house Friday

04 Dec 2018, 17:30

I wouldn't have asked and went sick, and not for one day, that's a waste probably I would have taken, oh, about 13 days. Just a thought. :cuppa

Moving house Friday

04 Dec 2018, 19:44

Just don’t go in. It should be taken as either annual leave or unpaid. When you phone in tell them you are not sick, you are moving house. They will then just have to give it you unpaid. Deal with the fallout when you go back in. Probably just your DOM being a fool and if it was to be passed up nothing would happen anyway because the DOM should have given it to you in the first place

Moving house Friday

04 Dec 2018, 19:50

Navalron wrote:I wouldn't have asked and went sick, and not for one day, that's a waste probably I would have taken, oh, about 13 days. Just a thought. :cuppa

yeah this is what royal mail have pretty much forced us into with the inflexibility on giving out odd days off.

Moving house Friday

04 Dec 2018, 20:05

Postie45 wrote:
Navalron wrote:I wouldn't have asked and went sick, and not for one day, that's a waste probably I would have taken, oh, about 13 days. Just a thought. :cuppa

yeah this is what royal mail have pretty much forced us into with the inflexibility on giving out odd days off.

It's not the answer though. Dishonesty never is in the long run. People taking the piss with sick has helped create the vicious cycle we now find ourselves in regarding days off (and yes, management taking the piss over allocating holidays and allowing occasional days is the other part of that cycle, but two wrongs seldom make a right, generally they just exacerbate things).

Moving house Friday

04 Dec 2018, 21:01

Yes I was being a bit flippant but when basic work requests, often weeks or even months in advance are being refused, which should be paid time off to start with,then you need to take the piss out of them and maybe just maybe they will do THEIR jobs correctly, ie manage a delivery office. It's as if posties are having to do links jobs these days also. :arrrghhh

Moving house Friday

04 Dec 2018, 21:52

DGH wrote:
Postie45 wrote:

It's not the answer though. Dishonesty never is in the long run. People taking the piss with sick has helped create the vicious cycle we now find ourselves in regarding days off (and yes, management taking the piss over allocating holidays and allowing occasional days is the other part of that cycle, but two wrongs seldom make a right, generally they just exacerbate things).

If RM consider the sick system as abused, and asked the staff “why are you all pissed off”, and they said annual leave and flexibility to suit management only, maybe they’d actually make an effort to streamline the annual leave process like other big firms?

If literally everyone started taking the piss out of sick, and cited “we are pissed off with our archaic annual leave system”, you reckon there would at least be more chance of it being sorted?

Moving house Friday

04 Dec 2018, 21:58

DGH wrote: It's not the answer though. Dishonesty never is in the long run. People taking the piss with sick has helped create the vicious cycle we now find ourselves in regarding days off (and yes, management taking the piss over allocating holidays and allowing occasional days is the other part of that cycle, but two wrongs seldom make a right, generally they just exacerbate things).

youre right, but theres a difference between the big picture overall and an individual postie that needs the day off desperately to do x.

Moving house Friday

05 Dec 2018, 18:08

LaggyBand wrote:If literally everyone started taking the piss out of sick, and cited “we are pissed off with our archaic annual leave system”, you reckon there would at least be more chance of it being sorted?

There'd be more chance of everyone being done for unauthorised absence

Moving house Friday

06 Dec 2018, 18:56

are you not allowed a week off to move house?, im sure you are.

Moving house Friday

06 Dec 2018, 18:58

ask the rep or phone the branch

Moving house Friday

06 Dec 2018, 19:05

My union rep said there is no procedure for moving house so just have to do it straight after work but I’ll not be doing any extra hours any more for sure ! Sad really just 1 day not a lot to ask but granted it’s xmas

Moving house Friday

06 Dec 2018, 20:12

Take the day off unpaid. Deal with the flack later or offer to work your day off in exchange.. They surely won't sack you for it.

Moving house Friday

07 Dec 2018, 03:36

swindonandy wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:If literally everyone started taking the piss out of sick, and cited “we are pissed off with our archaic annual leave system”, you reckon there would at least be more chance of it being sorted?

There'd be more chance of everyone being done for unauthorised absence

And if they started taking the p*ss out of the sick system, said it was genuine, and when higher ups asked why it’s gone through the roof lower management suggested it could be the annual leave system?

Moving house Friday

07 Dec 2018, 06:55

LaggyBand wrote:
DGH wrote:
Postie45 wrote:

If RM consider the sick system as abused, and asked the staff “why are you all pissed off”, and they said annual leave and flexibility to suit management only, maybe they’d actually make an effort to streamline the annual leave process like other big firms?

If literally everyone started taking the piss out of sick, and cited “we are pissed off with our archaic annual leave system”, you reckon there would at least be more chance of it being sorted?

If everyone stuck together, we'd get this sorted. We should simply advise that on a certain week everyone does their contracted hours unless annual leave is sorted (still waiting for our 2019 leave to be sorted) and a fairer system is setup so we aren't constantly given bank holidays as your day off (when you can't book a single day off in the first place).

No OT, no coming in early or working your days off. Simply your basic hours set out in your contract for that week. Repeat if necessary.

It's not a strike or industrial action and we'll see how soon it is before changes are made. At my office I reckon 40% of the workload is done on OT.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2