not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Pay increment confusion?

08 Nov 2018, 17:18

Supposed to get my 6 month pay increment this week, to go from 10.25 to 10.82 but instead it's showing 291.98 on a 27.5 hour contract, which I calculate as roughly 10.62. Any ideas why this may be?

Pay increment confusion?

08 Nov 2018, 18:08

What day of the week was the increment day/date?

You should have been paid the lower rate until the increment date, and the higher from the increment date - eg two days at the lower rate and three at the higher. So dividing the total pay by the total hours won't give the correct hourly rate.

Pay increment confusion?

16 Nov 2018, 17:45

Looks like you were correct, this week I have the full amount for basic pay.

I have another question though, I thought a full timer and a part timer doing full time hours were supposed to get the same pay? My "Weekday Overtime @SSPR 10:30" (I'm on 27.5 hours) comes out at 114.61, which works out as 10.92 (0.66 delivery supplement + 10.25 basic pay), however my basic pay is now 10.82. Is this supposed to be like this?

Pay increment confusion?

16 Nov 2018, 18:14

No idea on that. You are correct that a part timer doing full time hours is paid the same amount as a full timer - the SSPR rate includes the Delivery Supplement and any other supplements. I am on the top pay rate of £11.39 and I've just checked my pay slip for this week and the SSPR rate is the correct hourly rate.

Assuming the overtime you have been paid for was done after the increment date, it looks like your SSPR rate is still set for the lower pay rate. You should be getting £10.92 + £0.66 = £11.58, so 10h30m overtime would have totalled £121.59. I don't know how the system works, maybe check it again next week and then speak to someone if it isn't right.

Pay increment confusion?

16 Nov 2018, 23:04

Overtime rates do not appear to have increased as part of the reduction to 38 hour week.

Pay increment confusion?

17 Nov 2018, 15:05

SSPR isn't an actual overtime rate. It is the rate part time staff are paid so they are paid the same as a full timer for doing 38 hours. It is made up of the standard hourly pay rate and any supplements. Someone going up a pay increment level will have their SSPR increased.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1