not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Part-time pay

08 Nov 2018, 12:05

Hi all,
Can you please let me know if someone on a part-time 20 hour contract should be paid overtime rate for all hours worked over 20 hours - our DOM has said that if the person in question has been asked in advance to work a longer week then this will not be paid as overtime! Is this right?
Thanks in advance

Part-time pay

08 Nov 2018, 14:33

peakeaboo wrote:Hi all,
Can you please let me know if someone on a part-time 20 hour contract should be paid overtime rate for all hours worked over 20 hours - our DOM has said that if the person in question has been asked in advance to work a longer week then this will not be paid as overtime! Is this right?
Thanks in advance

It's garbage. You get paid for all the hours you work. If you are contracted for 20 and do more you get paid more.

Where the confusion may be is that any hours over contract are paid at SSPR rate which is technically not an overtime rate - its a special pay rate that includes the delivery supplement from contracted hours up to 38 hours. It ensures that EVERYONE doing 38 hours in a week gets the same pay rate.

Overtime rates kick in after 38 hours.

Part-time pay

08 Nov 2018, 16:10

Thanks for that - is there anywhere that states the SSPR rates - just in case the DOM requires confirmation!

Part-time pay

08 Nov 2018, 16:36

peakeaboo wrote:Thanks for that - is there anywhere that states the SSPR rates - just in case the DOM requires confirmation!

Not specifically for SSPR as it matches your pay rate for your contracted hours. But for all the other pay rates yes https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 04#p829304

Part-time pay

08 Nov 2018, 16:39

From your pay slip add together the figure in the "amount" column on the line saying "Basic Pay" and the figure in the "amount" column on the line saying "Delivery Supplement" (also add RRIS if you get that).

Divide the total by the number of hours on the "Basic Pay" line.

The figure you get should be the hourly rate paid for SSPR.

I am on the highest pay level and the hourly rate for SSPR is higher than the overtime rate.

Part-time pay

08 Nov 2018, 16:47

peakeaboo wrote:Hi all,
- our DOM has said that if the person in question has been asked in advance to work a longer week then this will not be paid as overtime! Is this right?
Thanks in advance

Unless he means the contract has been temporarily changed?

Part-time pay

08 Nov 2018, 16:53

Thanks all - advice has helped to clarify this for me ... I just need to check with the person involved that they are getting SSPR on all hours worked over the contracted 20

Part-time pay

08 Nov 2018, 17:08

As mentioned above SSPR is shown as SSPR and is for the hours worked up to a total of 38 hours - so the most per week your friend will get is 18 hours.

Any overtime beyond 18 hours in a week will be shown as "Overtime 1st 10 hours".

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1