not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Taormina trial footwear..Any Good?

07 Nov 2018, 20:37

Any one tried the new RY12 RM Taormina footwear. I've not seen anyone in our office wearing them. Are they any good? Waterproof? ….not likely I know!

are they rounded sole or flat like the awful Anvil and Easyflex? BTW...Easyflex….royalmail trying to subconsciously get in our heads me thinks, also anyone ever thought it was funny how you have to press "SUBMIT" all day on the PDA's.....there they go again!

I'm rapidly running out of options to stop my feet hurting, might have to go back to the terrible Magnum shoes. whatever happened to the YDS gore-tex lined trainer, best shoe i've ever worn at work.

07 Nov 2018, 21:21

I've found that the magnum shoes help my plantars for about 3 months then the insides are worn out but can't get replacements as the sole isn't worn out so back to wearing my own trainers.the doc boots were best but no good for long deliveries in summer

08 Nov 2018, 03:45

If I was you I'd wait until the Magnum Bandera's (with Michelin soles) come back. They are supposed to be available in November but aren't on website yet. They are great. Or rather, the ones I had during the trial were great, they probably changed them !

Also,

GHOSTman wrote: whatever happened to the YDS gore-tex lined trainer, best shoe i've ever worn at work.

Either that was before my time (12 years) or you were dreaming. Royal Mail supplying Gore-Tex ? In your dreams.

08 Nov 2018, 14:41

NewPostieUK wrote:If I was you I'd wait until the Magnum Bandera's (with Michelin soles) come back. They are supposed to be available in November but aren't on website yet. They are great. Or rather, the ones I had during the trial were great, they probably changed them !

Also,

GHOSTman wrote: whatever happened to the YDS gore-tex lined trainer, best shoe i've ever worn at work.

Either that was before my time (12 years) or you were dreaming. Royal Mail supplying Gore-Tex ? In your dreams.

I had a gore tex Royal Mail coat. Was in early 2000s They binned them off after a few months as posties that had them quickly realised that they were a item that could be a) worn everywhere and b) easy to sell on. They were manufactured by one of the yachting companies and cost rm nearly 200 quid so the legend went.

It’s funny because sometimes on the deadliest catch type programmes on discovery one of the crew had on a Royal Mail waterproof!

08 Nov 2018, 15:22

NewPostieUK wrote:If I was you I'd wait until the Magnum Bandera's (with Michelin soles) come back. They are supposed to be available in November but aren't on website yet. They are great. Or rather, the ones I had during the trial were great, they probably changed them !

that's good to know, had a pair of them before the easyflex, they were ok once i got a size bigger than usual. Also after 2 months the soles split away from the uppers. lets hope they have solved that issue, as you say though, they'll probably be a completely new design.

08 Nov 2018, 16:00

Taormina shoe - very uncomfortable, no support for your ankle, forever 'slipping' on the heel as there are only four lace holes (so they don't hold to your foot as you walk), don't know if they are waterproof but they have fairly low sides so water would splash in anyway.

Bandaras - great shoes apart from being very tight on sizing. If they solve them falling apart I'd have another pair.

09 Nov 2018, 18:23

I was told they lost the contract for using child labour,Also it didn't actually say gore tex but something like gare tex.

My banderas are still going strong despite me receiving a cease and desist notice about them and the sole hasn't fallen off,They are still waterproof and comfy but again about a half size smaller than stated which suits me as i'm really a 10 1/2.

11 Nov 2018, 20:07

fb1969 wrote:Taormina shoe - very uncomfortable, no support for your ankle, forever 'slipping' on the heel as there are only four lace holes (so they don't hold to your foot as you walk), don't know if they are waterproof but they have fairly low sides so water would splash in anyway.

Bandaras - great shoes apart from being very tight on sizing. If they solve them falling apart I'd have another pair.

thanks for the info on the Taormina shoe, i'll hold off until the Magnum Banderas are back in stock.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1