not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Querie

07 Nov 2018, 19:43

Part time postie and today while with full time postie and his normal fixed route went well over but the full timer forgot about the specials and tried delivery after 1pm so what’s the deal with this I know it’s not the end of the world but it can’t be good ! But again we had some much mail and parcels I guess sometimes it gets the better of people

Querie

07 Nov 2018, 19:51

Your manager will get a note that the specials failed and may approach you to ask why, if you haven't spoken to him/her already.

Make sure you're on top of them from now, dont take any chances as they are a big deal for targets.

If it's your first offence it'll be a slap on the wrists and a dont do it again, so don't worry too much.

Querie

07 Nov 2018, 19:54

He signed them out so how can I be to blame ! I do it all by the book I just assumes he delivered them while I was doing a loop with it being his fixed round and knowing the loops

Querie

07 Nov 2018, 19:59

youre supposed to know between you where the specials are for, sure he is primary carer of them as he signed them out, but it doesnt mean you have no responsibility at all. In future id suggest making a point of knowing where the SDs are for. As for slapped wrist, it could actually be a little more serious than that depending on your DOM and how often it happens in your office, could result in conduct code, you wont get fired or anything but at worst youd have a warning. Dont want to worry you, but also want to be honest.
Last edited by Postie45 on 07 Nov 2018, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

Querie

07 Nov 2018, 19:59

i sign our specials out for the 2 walks,,,but I make my partner aware of the specials..an any probs ie last loop having them...we often change loops order to get them in..and I like to think we work together on getting it done.

Querie

07 Nov 2018, 20:05

cheers for replies

Querie

07 Nov 2018, 21:35

Smith1212 wrote:He signed them out so how can I be to blame ! I do it all by the book I just assumes he delivered them while I was doing a loop with it being his fixed round and knowing the loops

The driver and the one signing the specials out is ultimately responsible for them.

Querie

07 Nov 2018, 23:46

Interested-seeker wrote:
Smith1212 wrote:He signed them out so how can I be to blame ! I do it all by the book I just assumes he delivered them while I was doing a loop with it being his fixed round and knowing the loops

The driver and the one signing the specials out is ultimately responsible for them.

This. I was on a walk once and a special went missing. Because I was the one that signed them put I got the blame. Got a warning that is all so don't worry to much.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1