not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Christmas come early :-/

07 Nov 2018, 14:37

Seems Christmas has come early in our office
Lots of packets, Managers still trying to pile on the pressure. Got back and lots of people cutting off bringing loads back. Dom stressing and begging for people to do overtime, Seems our office is an absolute joke at organising Christmas pressure, why we are still lapsing 6 days a week Is a joke!!!!

07 Nov 2018, 14:58

Our office also lapsing every day,not that we're doing it have noticed that the junior managers are not even asking you to take it anymore.

07 Nov 2018, 15:33

Shouldn’t be lapsing at all now. I remember when lapsing was a summer only thing. Nowadays they’ll lapse when we’re short staffed or if someone’s off sick, and chances of that are high.

07 Nov 2018, 15:41

Jpro747 wrote:Shouldn’t be lapsing at all now.

That would depend upon what model week you used for your revision and what your traffic figures are now?
If people are finishing early why shouldn't they be lapsing?

07 Nov 2018, 18:31

Our lot are exceptional at massaging figures but then ignoring agreements anyway. This year they can f**k themselves with a sharp stick if they thnk I'm working myself to the bone to drag their sorry arses out of the s**t. All goodwill has gone, they're already using the 'PDA Actuals' or utter f***ing bullshit figures as they're known, to try and convince us that it's OUR FAULT we are back late as it OUR FAULT that we don't get out early enough. Oh! Bot NOT their team of lickspittle o/t whores who come in before 5 to IPS sort and certainly don't use the time to prep their own walks and definitely aren't the first ones out and often the first ones back despite all the GHOST OVERTIME they cop.

Enemies of the people, first against the wall come the glorious revolution.

07 Nov 2018, 20:06

Sir Henry wrote: This year they can f**k themselves with a sharp stick if they thnk I'm working myself to the bone to drag their sorry arses out of the s**t. All goodwill has gone

Im hearing that from many posties at my place, all goodwill is gone, and people are tired after doing their mammoth deliveries to do any extra anyway.

07 Nov 2018, 20:27

Our office is so on it’s knees that we haven’t been asked to lapse for three months. Christmas is going to be really exciting.

07 Nov 2018, 21:27

Postie45 wrote:
Sir Henry wrote: This year they can f**k themselves with a sharp stick if they thnk I'm working myself to the bone to drag their sorry arses out of the s**t. All goodwill has gone

Im hearing that from many posties at my place, all goodwill is gone, and people are tired after doing their mammoth deliveries to do any extra anyway.

It will be worse when the later starting times come in. No one is going to want to do extra when they are being made to finish at 5pm.

08 Nov 2018, 18:25

Jpro747 wrote:Shouldn’t be lapsing at all now. I remember when lapsing was a summer only thing. Nowadays they’ll lapse when we’re short staffed or if someone’s off sick, and chances of that are high.

The pressure to lapse is all coming down from the sector managers (it all flows downhill). Managers in offices are well aware it can't be done, especially when they're out delivering the failed walks in October. The trouble is, lapsing is not a policy anymore - it's dogma. :arrrghhh

08 Nov 2018, 18:43

Interested-seeker wrote:
Postie45 wrote:

It will be worse when the later starting times come in. No one is going to want to do extra when they are being made to finish at 5pm.

will a 5pm finifsh time come?, i can imagine thousands of pt staff leaving at that point.

08 Nov 2018, 18:49

leolion855 wrote:
Interested-seeker wrote:
Postie45 wrote:

will a 5pm finifsh time come?, i can imagine thousands of pt staff leaving at that point.

I wouldn't be surprised if it heads towards that way in a few years time.

08 Nov 2018, 19:12

yeah i could see last letter for around 4.30pm or so just before it gets too dark to deliver efficiently, with an out the door finish time of 5ish.

08 Nov 2018, 19:45

Interested-seeker wrote:
leolion855 wrote:
Interested-seeker wrote:
Postie45 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if it heads towards that way in a few years time.

If LAT takes off then I reckon 17:00 finishes will happen within two years

08 Nov 2018, 19:47

Been swamped with packets the last to days, must have brought over 70 today no one in ...... Soul destroying

08 Nov 2018, 20:15

SpacePhoenix wrote:If LAT takes off then I reckon 17:00 finishes will happen within two years

Genuine q, how would this work given the agreed reduction to 35 hours?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2