not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

8 sets next week!

21 Oct 2018, 20:50

It's gonna be a long week.

8 sets next week!

21 Oct 2018, 20:53

Spigot bearing wrote:It's gonna be a long week.

Good luck :Boo hoo!

8 sets next week!

21 Oct 2018, 21:09

But surely your manager will have a plan in place for you all to get out on delivery in good time to complete on time :left:

8 sets next week!

21 Oct 2018, 21:14

You must know our manager really well!

8 sets next week!

21 Oct 2018, 21:32

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by “8 sets next week”? It’s not a term we use in our office. The only thing I can think of is that you’re referring to D2D.

8 sets next week!

21 Oct 2018, 21:47

But what are the Union doing about it. Nothing as usual

8 sets next week!

21 Oct 2018, 22:17

What’s the problem exactly? Just work to your time or book the extended. If it’s the weight you’re worried about use LWT and work from smaller bundles.

8 sets next week!

22 Oct 2018, 05:58

D2d's

8 sets next week!

22 Oct 2018, 07:03

Don't nest them.

8 sets next week!

22 Oct 2018, 07:55

nightcrawler wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by “8 sets next week”? It’s not a term we use in our office. The only thing I can think of is that you’re referring to D2D.

Correctamundo!!

8 sets next week!

22 Oct 2018, 12:34

mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:But what are the Union doing about it. Nothing as usual

What can the Union do about it would be my next question? Easy to blame them, more difficult to come up with solutions.

The membership also has to take some blame as we as a whole voted in the agreement that allowed unlimited D2Ds and them being placed into the workload.

8 sets next week!

22 Oct 2018, 13:09

Spigot bearing wrote:D2d's

Ok cheers. We’ve never called them that! 8 is a hell of a lot. I think the most I’ve ever had in one week is 5 or 6. Just tell the manager that you’re gonna struggle, and either cut-off or protract.

8 sets next week!

22 Oct 2018, 14:22

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:But what are the Union doing about it. Nothing as usual

What can the Union do about it would be my next question? Easy to blame them, more difficult to come up with solutions.

The membership also has to take some blame as we as a whole voted in the agreement that allowed unlimited D2Ds and them being placed into the workload.

About 10% actually read all / most of the agreement and told them to stuff it, too many saw a pay rise and never thought beyond that :arrrghhh .
Managers at our place getting people to do all sorts of s**t under the cover of ' it's in the agreement' including (trying to) flex people up at very short notice.

8 sets next week!

22 Oct 2018, 14:30

I used to remember somewhere in past agreements that you're weren't allowed to claim overtime because of surplus door to doors. Obviously thats not the case now :hmmmm

8 sets next week!

22 Oct 2018, 14:44

postslippete wrote:I used to remember somewhere in past agreements that you're weren't allowed to claim overtime because of surplus door to doors. Obviously thats not the case now :hmmmm

Some Postie's say we no longer get paid for doing D2Ds. If that is the case then throwing up and delivering D2Ds is just another part of the job so if completing that takes you beyond your duty time then in theory you should be paid overtime to do them. They can't have it both ways.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3