not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Annual leave authorised?

21 Oct 2018, 16:50

Hi everyone,

I completed my annual leave form for 2018-19 with the admin guy as I've only been with RM for 3 months. He gave me back a completed annual leave card with the dates booked as per my request. Is this now officially booked or do I still need it authorised from management?

Thanks in advance.

Annual leave authorised?

21 Oct 2018, 16:56

Yes

Annual leave authorised?

21 Oct 2018, 18:04

All booked

Annual leave authorised?

21 Oct 2018, 20:05

Done, but keep safe that annual leave card.

Annual leave authorised?

21 Oct 2018, 21:35

This might sound stupid but what is this annual leave card ? We give in a small piece of paper with a date we want off and receive nothing in return until u see the rota going up and whether u have the day off ?

Annual leave authorised?

22 Oct 2018, 12:04

That's because your office is badly run, how can you plan holidays if you don't know for sure you have the week off until the duty sheet goes up?

Annual leave authorised?

22 Oct 2018, 13:39

Thanks for the replies. I agree postie45 that is rough, how can this be allowed? & posties don't question it?
The annual leave card is what you should receive back, to confirm dates you have been allocated.

Annual leave authorised?

22 Oct 2018, 14:37

hero22 wrote:This might sound stupid but what is this annual leave card ? We give in a small piece of paper with a date we want off and receive nothing in return until u see the rota going up and whether u have the day off ?

The annual leave card is important because it shows you how many days & weeks you have left to book. This amount will vary greatly from postie to postie depending on how long you have been working for RM and if you buy top-up leave. Since the advent of 'resource to workload' which brought the change of totalling AL in hours rather than days the annual leave card is a more important resource. RM have brought this change in because they are penny pinching ******** who can barely pay us for all the hours we work. In theory you could now get more days off than before by choosing days with less work hours allocated to them. In practice there is likely going to be a few hours left over which you will likely not get off.
As they say 'the house always wins'............

Annual leave authorised?

22 Oct 2018, 17:09

Been in my office 5 years now and no sign of such cards. Hot topic at the moment is annual leave not being given in its entirety in my office. When we apply for a day off it’s rejected. Reason being sickness is too high. This has been going on since I started. As a result guys have 12 weeks of annual leave carried over from the past 10 years. I myself I think have 4. I questioned this recently, can I not just get it paid up if I can’t use it ? No we don’t do that. You will get it paid up when u leave or retire. Spoke to union rep who seems to think there’s an agreement that this is ok. Does this occur in other offices or what else can I do ? I tried to contact union legal team earlier but haven’t got through yet. Seems like daylight robbery to me. I have tried to get more of us to stand together on the issue but others r wary of rocking the boat.

any advice?

Annual leave authorised?

22 Oct 2018, 17:16

You should only carry over 5 days with agreement on both sides. (Sickness can increase that)
You should get your rep to push this up the chain. It is simply wrong.
If your rep isn't bothered, then use the grievance procedure.

And no you can't be paid for your outstanding annual leave.

Annual leave authorised?

22 Oct 2018, 17:44

Appreciate response mate, that is the issue though. There is no request from manager or agreement with staff to carry leave over. Just happens and the reason is sickness or so they say. If they can’t adhere to my contracted annual leave surely I can request it to be paid up or am I just being optimistic here?

Annual leave authorised?

22 Oct 2018, 17:56

hero22 wrote:Appreciate response mate, that is the issue though. There is no request from manager or agreement with staff to carry leave over. Just happens and the reason is sickness or so they say. If they can’t adhere to my contracted annual leave surely I can request it to be paid up or am I just being optimistic here?

Very optimistic.

Annual leave authorised?

23 Oct 2018, 17:58

they absolutely wont pay it as extra. Id file the grievance, sickness can be used as an excuse by the DOM to refuse requested AL for odd days, but you all should have been allocated an AL form where you choose all your AL for the year, which should then be confirmed and a sheet returned to you which then should be honoured.

Annual leave authorised?

23 Oct 2018, 21:16

20 years in and annual leave is still a pain, had my dates in for next year at the end of August still the gaffer has done FA with any ones dates so I,ve booked two weeks in Rhodes for next summer told him I,ve waited so long for him to pull his finger out that I,m taking those weeks off wether he likes it or not, never known a job with such a shambles over leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annual leave authorised?

24 Oct 2018, 15:23

We have had problems with our previous DOM years ago involving AL but it's running alright now.
In the past we had years where there were not enough weeks for everyone to book all their AL so it all started to backlog. Then the previous DOM allowed some posties to book too much AL which had to be taken off the following years AL. Then we had years of backlogged days in lieu which hadn't been taken. Only days in lieu up to three years back could be reclaimed so I think I lost a couple of weeks worth of days in lieu.
The OP mentioned a backlog of ten years AL so they may lose some of that if RM say they can only go back so many years.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2