not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Driving licence checks

21 Oct 2018, 12:14

Licence checks again, having trouble finding my counterpart paper bit. Do I really have to show it in 2018? After 2015 anyone who passed their test does not get a paper part of the licence to my knowledge. So can I even get a new one? :hmmmm

Driving licence checks

21 Oct 2018, 12:19

Warriorpostie wrote:Licence checks again, having trouble finding my counterpart paper bit. Do I really have to show it in 2018? After 2015 anyone who passed their test does not get a paper part of the licence to my knowledge. So can I even get a new one? :hmmmm

No need to show the paperpart as it all online now

Driving licence checks

21 Oct 2018, 12:51

this time I only needed to sign a form to say dom can do an online check with my say so......

so never had to bring licence in

Driving licence checks

21 Oct 2018, 13:01

I think our DO is stuck in the dark ages with this sort of thing. DOM said to find it by end of the month or order a new one...

Driving licence checks

21 Oct 2018, 13:03

No

Driving licence checks

21 Oct 2018, 13:12

No, you can bin it.

Driving licence checks

21 Oct 2018, 13:59

Warriorpostie wrote:I think our DO is stuck in the dark ages with this sort of thing. DOM said to find it by end of the month or order a new one...

The paper counterpart is no longer valid , your DOM quite clearly does not know what they are doing .

Driving licence checks

21 Oct 2018, 14:04

direct your DOM here;

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/driv ... ce-changes

Driving licence checks

22 Oct 2018, 08:03

centenaryman wrote:this time I only needed to sign a form to say dom can do an online check with my say so......

so never had to bring licence in

If your DOM is doing it correctly they still need to take a photocopy of your photo card driving licence to confirm it is still current. The photo card, or rather the photo itself, has to be renewed once every ten years at a cost (Tax???) of ten or twenty quid.
It is true the paper version is no longer issued. I still have mine though and the photo card is kept in the same plastic sleeve with the paper version they issued originally.

Driving licence checks

22 Oct 2018, 10:33

P13 wrote:
Warriorpostie wrote:I think our DO is stuck in the dark ages with this sort of thing. DOM said to find it by end of the month or order a new one...

The paper counterpart is no longer valid , your DOM quite clearly does not know what they are doing .

Dom clearly not knowing what he/she is doing shocker!! Surely not?..

Driving licence checks

22 Oct 2018, 23:02

robbertwhitton wrote:
P13 wrote:

Dom clearly not knowing what he/she is doing shocker!! Surely not?..

:chuckle

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1