not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Day off is Xmas Day

19 Oct 2018, 20:05

My day off is Xmas Day do they have to offer me another day off that week or can they make me bank it I don't want paying for it

Day off is Xmas Day

19 Oct 2018, 20:15

Quote from the policy:

If your rest day falls on a bank holiday, your manager will check if workload allows for you to have
another day off that week.
If you are unable to take another day off, you can either:
 add the day to your annual holiday entitlement; or
 take the excess hours paid as overtime. This will be paid at the Monday to Saturday overtime rate

Day off is Xmas Day

19 Oct 2018, 20:38

I've struck lucky,5 days off over Xmas,long weekend then Xmas/Boxing Day :nana

Day off is Xmas Day

20 Oct 2018, 14:17

how do you know your day off is christmas day we are only in oct, our lino has just put the rota up for nxt wk..

Day off is Xmas Day

20 Oct 2018, 14:53

Because he's a duty holder with rolling days off , I would imagine.

Day off is Xmas Day

20 Oct 2018, 18:06

get in quick if chance of an extra day xmas week, it's usually light so a maybe possible
otherwise get booked asap as overtime to screw doms budget up, they cannot force you into a credit for the next year, though it may suit some

Day off is Xmas Day

20 Oct 2018, 18:31

world class male wrote:get in quick if chance of an extra day xmas week, it's usually light so a maybe possible
otherwise get booked asap as overtime to screw doms budget up, they cannot force you into a credit for the next year, though it may suit some

our office forces us. there are guys with 11 weeks owed to them carried over from year ago. I asked the union about this and they said the office can do this. seems illegal to me to force us to carry our annual leave over, can they ?

Day off is Xmas Day

20 Oct 2018, 18:33

11 weeks carried over from years ago I was meant to say

Day off is Xmas Day

20 Oct 2018, 18:49

hero22 wrote:
world class male wrote:get in quick if chance of an extra day xmas week, it's usually light so a maybe possible

our office forces us. there are guys with 11 weeks owed to them carried over from year ago. I asked the union about this and they said the office can do this. seems illegal to me to force us to carry our annual leave over, can they ?

Simple answer no they cant force you to carry leave over.

Day off is Xmas Day

20 Oct 2018, 19:48

Unlucky, same was me my day off is Christmas day, never get asked in my small DO if I want another day off in the same week, always get a lieu day which suits me as I want a Saturday off next year in May before my annual leave. Also I have never been offered cash was told by my colleagues that RM don't pay you anymore??? Not sure if this is true. Anyway roll on Christmas eve, always a doddle done by half 11 then home for some beer lol :)

Day off is Xmas Day

21 Oct 2018, 08:31

Dingo99 wrote:Unlucky, same was me my day off is Christmas day, never get asked in my small DO if I want another day off in the same week, always get a lieu day which suits me as I want a Saturday off next year in May before my annual leave. Also I have never been offered cash was told by my colleagues that RM don't pay you anymore??? Not sure if this is true. Anyway roll on Christmas eve, always a doddle done by half 11 then home for some beer lol :)

Your DOM is lying. They do pay you of you ask for payment instead

Day off is Xmas Day

21 Oct 2018, 15:21

Dingo99 wrote:Unlucky, same was me my day off is Christmas day, never get asked in my small DO if I want another day off in the same week, always get a lieu day which suits me as I want a Saturday off next year in May before my annual leave. Also I have never been offered cash was told by my colleagues that RM don't pay you anymore??? Not sure if this is true. Anyway roll on Christmas eve, always a doddle done by half 11 then home for some beer lol :)

Do you work in my DO?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1