not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Time off: Other leave

11 Oct 2018, 09:35

My son was sick last Tuesday and I need to take emergency time off for 1 day. No other special leave in this year. Dom put on my payslip as a unpaid leave. I just checked on employee guidance and it says;

Family emergency leave: Where there is an immediate need to deal with a more serious emergency to do with a dependant e.g. they are injured, give birth, or there is a death. Leave is normally one day with pay, with further days either unpaid or covered by annual holiday. Exceptional circumstances might warrant three days with pay.

When told this to DOM, he says, there are special leave A, B, C (which doesn’t show anywhere), managers decide on the situation according to that.
Is there anyone can light me up to this situation please?

11 Oct 2018, 11:56

spartakus wrote:My son was sick last Tuesday and I need to take emergency time off for 1 day. No other special leave in this year. Dom put on my payslip as a unpaid leave. I just checked on employee guidance and it says;

Family emergency leave: Where there is an immediate need to deal with a more serious emergency to do with a dependant e.g. they are injured, give birth, or there is a death. Leave is normally one day with pay, with further days either unpaid or covered by annual holiday. Exceptional circumstances might warrant three days with pay.

When told this to DOM, he says, there are special leave A, B, C (which doesn’t show anywhere), managers decide on the situation according to that.

I’m under the impression that the 1 day paid emergency leave is for example an incident happening right now where you are needed. If it is something in a few days time then they don’t consider this as an emergency as they think you should be able to plan for that

11 Oct 2018, 13:15

number one wrote:
spartakus wrote:My son was sick last Tuesday and I need to take emergency time off for 1 day. No other special leave in this year. Dom put on my payslip as a unpaid leave. I just checked on employee guidance and it says;

I’m under the impression that the 1 day paid emergency leave is for example an incident happening right now where you are needed. If it is something in a few days time then they don’t consider this as an emergency as they think you should be able to plan for that

think he meant needed day off as in last tuesday so should have been special leave paid.

11 Oct 2018, 15:05

Another Dom that doesn't won't to pay staff for a genuine absence.
AL ABOUT THERE 10% BONUS AND TO KEEP THERE BUDGET DOWN.
this company are letting managers away with murder.
Managers just don't give a s**t about the union now only listen to there area managers

11 Oct 2018, 15:16

aiden01 wrote:
number one wrote:

think he meant needed day off as in last tuesday so should have been special leave paid.

Yes you are correct. I don’t understand what is Special leave A,B,C categories?.. Is there such a thing really? Or it just made up :S

11 Oct 2018, 16:45

Take a look (the full policy is in the Download section)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

12 Oct 2018, 14:39

Manager is refering to the old special leave booklet which was shown as A,B & C options for determining the days that could be paid or unpaid but this was replaced by the " Other Time Off " booklet a guide for managers.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1