not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

sign for p/t duty or stay reserve?

11 Oct 2018, 06:59

dont know which will be best for me , take a easier part time walk , or stay reserve?
want to be able to get extra hours to make up to full time pay

11 Oct 2018, 07:14

Stay reserve, come in and do sorting. Managers will see you as a full timer and you’ll cover FT walks often, but good luck getting a contract to reflect that

11 Oct 2018, 18:16

Ask the manager if getting your own duty would stop you from doing other overtime. We have people who go back out after doing their own duty and get loads of overtime.

You can't beat having your own duty, but if overtime is that important, check first.

12 Oct 2018, 13:51

If you're looking for more, regular hours, then sticking to Reserve would seem to be your best bet. When I was on a shite contract I used to work in other DOs to make the hours up. As a Reserve you're probably going to be of more use to your DOm, helping him out when he can't sort his duty list out, and you'll therefore pick up more hours. :thumbup

Downside of this is if you do make yourself TOO USEFUL you may never get a chance to move onto your own duty. Because the DOM will still want to use you as his personal fire service. :hmmmm Depends what the turnover is like in your DO. Is it just a case of "Dead Man's Shoes",or do have a chance of Re-Signs on a more Regular Basis? Some DOs just NEVER seem to have a Resign. You might also like to think about taking the PT duty and then finding another job outside RM as well? :cuppa

12 Oct 2018, 15:33

Sign for the duty, usually means F all anyway. I have my own job and I haven't seen it in months

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1