not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Vans at Christmas.

10 Oct 2018, 22:20

So here we are again Christmas around the corner...one big question for me every year and this year is....are we getting extra vans to get parcels out?!?! I come off duty every year but we only get allocated ONE van extra every year and that means only one person can go out all day with parcels...stupid!! The emphasis is on the profits we make on parcels now letters have dwindled so why aren't the resources being put in place if that's what us staff are telling the managers we need to provide the efficient service they keep banging on about? Hardly anyone can be bothered doing parcels on overtime in our office so they can stack up quickly waiting for whatever staff get roped into the afternoon shift once they get a van off dutyholders returning from their round! Anyone heard anything? Thanks.

Vans at Christmas.

11 Oct 2018, 05:14

Don't let it bother you, it's not your problem, do your job, go home. End of.

Vans at Christmas.

11 Oct 2018, 09:06

mattycash wrote:Don't let it bother you, it's not your problem, do your job, go home. End of.

It really is this simple. When you realise it it’s life changing

Vans at Christmas.

11 Oct 2018, 09:45

Our Dom forgot last Christmas to pre book extra vans , you couldn't make this up he hired 3 estate cars instead. I'm not kidding. You could fit about 10 parcels in them. You had to keep coming back to the office every 20 minutes , what a joke of a company.

Vans at Christmas.

11 Oct 2018, 18:53

3 estates cars haha :arrrghhh. This is what your up against. Surely the DOM must know that Xmas comes around every year

Vans at Christmas.

11 Oct 2018, 19:35

Varies office to office and how they decide to plan for Christmas. Some plan better than others just the same as some manage better than others.

Vans at Christmas.

11 Oct 2018, 20:23

I shall be one of the drivers again at my office. It's PDAS we've been short of before. I had a lovely transit connect last year, complete with heated seats, sat nav, cruise control and climate control :dance

We have 7 or 8 drivers for about the 60 or 70 duties that makes up our do.

Vans at Christmas.

15 Oct 2018, 20:41

Heard we are getting 5 extra vans for xmas so thats good news. I agree the focus should surely be on parcels and not letters, I mean mostly we just deliver junk now

Vans at Christmas.

16 Oct 2018, 14:34

Delivering parcels at Xmas isn't what it used to be. With the drop in letters and increase in parcels you are doing a lot more work than you would be if you just stay on your duty and work to time.
Now I'm not saying it was ever easy, just a lot less physical than carrying bags of mail. The stress of planning parcel routes and arguing with postmen as to what constitutes a 'driver' parcel vs one they can fit in their trolley/bag is never ending.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1