not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Utility belt advice for pens, cards etc ...

10 Oct 2018, 18:08

I know it sounds a bit naff but I’m really after something that will hold pens, 739 cards, stickers to place on parcels I can’t deliver, pda machine.

Just find myself fumbling from pocket to pocket and getting flustered.

Anybody else use one ?

10 Oct 2018, 18:10

Seagull1983 wrote:I know it sounds a bit naff but I’m really after something that will hold pens, 739 cards, stickers to place on parcels I can’t deliver, pda machine.

Anybody else use one ?

Go full on Makita / Milwaukee Framers Tool Belt just don’t let any builders see you with it else you’ll be utterly abused

10 Oct 2018, 18:18

Seagull1983 wrote:I know it sounds a bit naff but I’m really after something that will hold pens, 739 cards, stickers to place on parcels I can’t deliver, pda machine.

Anybody else use one ?

In all seriousness mate get on eBay and type in Makita 71794, there are loads of different types and you can add them to your Royal Mail belt, could mix and match to suit your needs

10 Oct 2018, 18:20

I use something almost identical to this, very functional - pockets for pens, P739s etc. : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Airwalk ... SwcR9bt4z4

10 Oct 2018, 18:23

I put my pen in my shirt pocket, my PDA in my hand and a few spare 739 cards and delivery to neighbour cards in my trouser pocket.
No man bag required.

10 Oct 2018, 18:27

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=00OmmK1UJvg

I can just imagine the merciless ribbing that anyone in our office would get if they came in sporting a Batman style utility belt.
Last edited by wacko74 on 10 Oct 2018, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.

10 Oct 2018, 18:32

They have just started giving out holsters for the pda at ours.

10 Oct 2018, 18:36

clashcityrocker wrote:I put my pen in my shirt pocket, my PDA in my hand and a few spare 739 cards and delivery to neighbour cards in my trouser pocket.
No man bag required.

snap

10 Oct 2018, 18:51

The dude wants a belt let him have his belt; he’ll look mad cool I’m certain

10 Oct 2018, 22:38

There was a bloke in our office had a little pot with a wet sponge in it fastened to his belt that was before van sharing as surely anything like that will hurt and get in the way as you get in and out of the vans.theres two pockets at the front of your pouch for all your junk.

11 Oct 2018, 05:43

glenfiddich wrote:There was a bloke in our office had a little pot with a wet sponge in it fastened to his belt that was before van sharing as surely anything like that will hurt and get in the way as you get in and out of the vans.theres two pockets at the front of your pouch for all your junk.

Ha whatttt?? He carried a wet sponge with him??? Funniest thing I've heard on here in a while. What for?

11 Oct 2018, 06:58

Finger flicking flimsy d2d's when carried behind a bundle of mail and keeping finger moist for checking next calls mail

11 Oct 2018, 15:26

You could get one of these, the holster would be useful tazers to use on dogs :Very Happy

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Police-G ... SwFqJWnf87

11 Oct 2018, 15:50

olilew wrote:They have just started giving out holsters for the pda at ours.

I've got one of the ones you wear across your body. It's great.

11 Oct 2018, 19:17

739's in right cargo pocket with a couple of pens, PDA and van key in right pocket, my mobile in left pocket, left cargo pocket is spare for change, sweets, fluff and snotty tissues. Docket left stickers/kill off stickers in van. If I wear my fleece I have even more choice of pockets!

Only carry things you have to have on you to complete the task, otherwise its extra weight added you are carrying for no reason. I know it feels all Gucci wearing a holster and pocuches but you are delivering not storming the Iranian Embassy.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2