not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Miss sorts

10 Oct 2018, 14:10

What's the official line on them? If you take them back are you technically committing wilful delay? I usually run them if I have time at the end. It's annoying coz I don't prep my own walk most the time nowadays, so who is to blame? :hmmmm

Miss sorts

10 Oct 2018, 14:14

if you still have duty time you should do them, if not then you bring any back, if youre getting a lot of mis-sorts per day it would suggest something needs to be done regards training for the prep as to why theres so many mistakes. I think most people i work with mis sort maybe 1-2 letters a week on average.

Miss sorts

10 Oct 2018, 14:19

There's people at my DO who mis-sort 10-15 letters per day while prepping even their own walks.

Miss sorts

10 Oct 2018, 14:25

If you don't know the job you are on ( who lives where ) why would you double back with a mis-sort ? There could be a redirection in place for that customer ! ! !

If you know for sure there is no redirection in place AND you have time at the end then for sure. . . Deliver it.

Miss sorts

10 Oct 2018, 19:00

Don't worry about it most people I work with Chuck a big pile of these miss sorts back in the collection sack.
It's known as thinning out a delivery if you only have one or two pieces of junk for a house then it can wait.

Miss sorts

10 Oct 2018, 19:03

Missorts down fall under willful delay unless somebody can prove they were missorted deliberately.

Miss sorts

10 Oct 2018, 19:07

Decky Boy wrote:If you don't know the job you are on ( who lives where ) why would you double back with a mis-sort ? There could be a redirection in place for that customer ! ! !

If you know for sure there is no redirection in place AND you have time at the end then for sure. . . Deliver it.

This has always been my defence, surely you can’t be expected to deliver them purely for this redirection reason?

Miss sorts

10 Oct 2018, 19:13

There are usually loads of mis-sorts and packets left on the walk sorting frame before we leave the office. Its rarely completely clear unless its an easy Tuesday. Its either genuine mistakes being made by staff or deliberate mistakes being made by walk sorting staff to highlight the fact that there are a few 'runners' leaving the office early and are being well rewarded with "ghost overtime" on their p*ss easy duties....

Miss sorts

10 Oct 2018, 19:19

postslippete wrote:There are usually loads of mis-sorts and packets left on the walk sorting frame before we leave the office. Its rarely completely clear unless its an easy Tuesday. Its either genuine mistakes being made by staff or deliberate mistakes being made by walk sorting staff to highlight the fact that there are a few 'runners' leaving the office early and are being well rewarded with "ghost overtime" on their p*ss easy duties....

EXACTLY!!!!! :thumbup

Miss sorts

11 Oct 2018, 06:46

As a part timmer I dont tend to throw my round so its always done for me. Some days I can have 10 -15 miss sorts letters and 738 red cards for parcels, some times the parcels dont even belong to my round.
I just bring them back unless they are for later on in my round.

Miss sorts

11 Oct 2018, 14:52

I once did half a duty on overtime.
In 2 hours of delivery I had over 70 missorts.
At one point I had to go to the end of the road and check the name of the street I was in because there was so much mail for other places I began to doubt my own sanity.
Everything came back.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1