not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

End of Day Managerial Meet & Greet

14 Sep 2018, 12:30

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, couldn't see it anywhere though

In our DO for the past couple of weeks we are met by a manager as we get back and asked a dozen or so questions from a spread sheet. These include:

Did you encounter any h &s issues on your duty today?
Did you complete?
If not what did you cut off?
Did you deliver your specials by one?
Any issues with your PDA?
How many form lefts did you bring back?
Did you try neighbours?
Have you signed back in?
Have you lost the will to live yet?

It's a pain in the ass, I can tell you, especially when there are five or six posties in front of you at two minutes to three! And if you don't do it and just slip out the door they take it that you never came back...

Anyway, any other DOs doing this or is it just a local thing?

14 Sep 2018, 13:47

Sounds like a right jobsworth,

One at our DO hides all the signing out sheets, and stands there looking at everyone lol

14 Sep 2018, 14:36

It's probably a good idea if they ask about any faults with the PDA especially if they are going to pass that info higher up the chain but the other stuff isn't necessary. It just shows a lack of trust.

14 Sep 2018, 14:55

Sounds like a Local Idea...... Never had anything like that! :crazy: As we know there's about 1000 Delivery Offices in the Business so it's no surprise that different Areas, and Offices, try different ideas. As mentioned on another post PDA actuals can be used to "Look at duty structures", I resist saying Check Performance (although I'm sure some Dickhead DOM will try that out before much longer). :no no

Although I'm not a Company Man I am aware that we work with some lazy bastards. The ammount of people we employ suggests that there could be quite a lot of them about. :shock: If different Delivery Offices are trying different approaches to try and sort their problem out it only makes sense. :hmmmm It may be a pain having to wait to answer the DOMs questionaire but just book it as OT if you go over your hours. In the past I've had to book OT for the ammount of time the DOM wasted trying to convince me that I had enough time for lapsing. :cuppa

14 Sep 2018, 15:00

As much as a pain it seems I would welcome to see a manager when I return,and if they will act on any issues you raise,but as ever I fear it’s a meaningless tick box exercise that will achieve nothing,and wish they hadn’t started no doubt,please don’t start interfering now and showing a bit of interest on how our day has been,and the general problems on a daily basis which we have to deal with usually un managed!are they trying to up there game to justify there jobs etc.the constant examples on here on how they manage and treat staff doesn’t make good reading however way you look at it,and if you let it get to you it will mess you up,ive often wondered what the brief is for new and existing managers,(I can guess)and why would you want a job as such in this hostile environment,what’s the pay like?

14 Sep 2018, 15:02

My DOM showed me the briefing for this the other day so I think its national but they haven't started doing it yet.

14 Sep 2018, 15:04

And better still he can see your back late and authorise the appropriate amount of overtime that your due,brilliant!,, bring it on

14 Sep 2018, 15:07

Smir wrote:Sounds like a right jobsworth,

One at our DO hides all the signing out sheets, and stands there looking at everyone lol

Ha! God he sounds like a right laugh? Great to see him making the most of his time in annoying staff ,to what purpose,what does he want to achieve?

14 Sep 2018, 15:17

Would this time be added to your poaching off time and the end of your duty

14 Sep 2018, 17:25

Sounds like a local idea. It gives the managers something to do I suppose.

14 Sep 2018, 17:39

postslippete wrote:Sounds like a local idea. It gives the managers something to do I suppose.

I noticed it a few months back ,so I don't think it's a local initiative,they haven't got the wherewithal to think independently. It's to do with engaging with staff, or "our people" ,as we are patronisingly referred to. It's all part of a wider picture, because they consistently get hammered on "have your say" ,for their complete inability to deal properly wth people,it's part of the overall strategy, which is why you get propaganda like The Courier and all the rest of the drivel they send out,telling you how lucky you are to work for such a fantastic company ,thankfully I don't get any of that because I sent it back as refused and they stopped sending it.
Personally I found it a bit unnerving and unnatural,as I try not to engage with the awful mamnagement that we have.

15 Sep 2018, 17:02

I can't see a manager using the phrase 'cut off', but what do I know, there's nobody around by the time I get back. I doubt they'd hang around long enough to ask me anything.

15 Sep 2018, 18:33

Lol.Tried it with us.We asked them have You got My leave sheet sorted? Have My shoes arrived yet?Have You redone My frame yet? Pelt them with the same s**t they drip feed You and they will soon stop it

15 Sep 2018, 23:58

scoobydo79 wrote:Lol.Tried it with us.We asked them have You got My leave sheet sorted? Have My shoes arrived yet?Have You redone My frame yet? Pelt them with the same s**t they drip feed You and they will soon stop it

Awesome! Thanks for the replies, guys, but this is the one I'm going to adapt and use. Love it.

Especially "have you redone my frame yet?"

Double awesome! I love this place.

16 Sep 2018, 00:02

NewPostieUK wrote:I can't see a manager using the phrase 'cut off', but what do I know, there's nobody around by the time I get back. I doubt they'd hang around long enough to ask me anything.

Mate, it's common terminology in our DO, posties and management.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2