not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Are Royal Mail crooks?

14 Sep 2018, 06:47

Hi guys, basically I quit this Wednesday as working for Royal Mail got too overwhelming and had several breakdowns because of it. I received my last week pay slip yesterday (Thursday) as usual with £440.72 being paid with deductions. Today I wake up to only find £200 paid into my account, what do I do? Are they allowed to deduct pay like this for last week? I’m so confused and don’t know what to do

Are Royal Mail crooks?

14 Sep 2018, 08:11

We are paid for the week we are on, and only overtime is paid a week in arrears. So if you only worked a couple of days this week that is all you will receive, along with ot earned last week. Next week you will only receive ot that you have earned this week, but obviously no basic wage.

The discrepancy between your wage slip and the money received in your bank is probably due to wage slips been calaculated and sent out before you resigned, and the efficient manner in which your manager acted upon your resignation, meaning Payroll could act upon that information and not have to recover money at a later date. You will probably get another wage slip.

Sorry to hear about your experience, good luck for the future
Last edited by mickeymacca on 14 Sep 2018, 08:17, edited 1 time in total.

Are Royal Mail crooks?

14 Sep 2018, 08:16

mickeymacca wrote:We are paid for the week we are on, and only overtime is paid a week in arrears. So if you only worked a couple of days this week that is all you will receive, along with ot earned last week. Next week you will only receive ot that you have earned this week, but obviously no basic wage.

Sorry to hear about your experience, good luck for the future

But what about my last week pay? I only worked two days this week but worked my full hours plus overtime last week, where’s the money for that?

Are Royal Mail crooks?

14 Sep 2018, 08:22

As stated, you received the full working week you completed last week, in last weeks wage slip (we are paid for the week are on) and only the overtime you completed last week is paid this week.
You should be able to remember (if you have not been here that long), that you got paid on your first week with RM, ordinarily you would work a week in hand before your first wage slip.

hope that helps mate

Are Royal Mail crooks?

14 Sep 2018, 08:24

Overtime is paid in arrears, basic pay isn't!

Your pay slip for this week was created while you were still an employee and included basic pay for this week plus any overtime from last week.

You decided to leave on wednesday! I assume your DOM then contacted HR/wages to tell them you've left without working a full week and the amount that went into your account was amended accordingly.

So this week you should have got 2 days pay, plus anything from wednesday, aswell as any overtime you did last week.

Are Royal Mail crooks?

14 Sep 2018, 08:27

mickeymacca wrote:As stated, you received the full working week you completed last week, in last weeks wage slip (we are paid for the week are on) and only the overtime you completed last week is paid this week.
You should be able to remember (if you have not been here that long), that you got paid on your first week with RM, ordinarily you would work a week in hand before your first wage slip.

hope that helps mate

This is a complete lie lol. It states payment date 14/09/2018 therefore I’m suppose to be paid this amount this week. I still have all my payslips and always been paid for work did the next week. You’re not helping you’re just trying to burry the corruption at this point. Last week pay was 402 and this pay slips says 440 which I haven’t recieved therefore why would I be paid £200 without being stated on the payslip I recieved yesterday?

Are Royal Mail crooks?

14 Sep 2018, 08:32

Jefferson Starfish wrote:Overtime is paid in arrears, basic pay isn't!

Your pay slip for this week was created while you were still an employee and included basic pay for this week plus any overtime from last week.

You decided to leave on wednesday! I assume your DOM then contacted HR/wages to tell them you've left without working a full week and the amount that went into your account was amended accordingly.

So this week you should have got 2 days pay, plus anything from wednesday, aswell as any overtime you did last week.

I did 13.30 overtime last week which equals up to £168 and worked full 12 hours plus overtime. This is easily over £300 so why was I paid £200? What you said right now has literally gone out through the window lol

Are Royal Mail crooks?

14 Sep 2018, 08:39

So you worked 13.30 hours overtime last week.

How many contracted hours did you work this week?

Are Royal Mail crooks?

14 Sep 2018, 08:45

That is how the Payroll system operates, which I appreciate is not what you want to hear. Until you receive an up to date pay slip you don't know what OT your manager put through for you last week, and this weeks OT is irrelevant (until next week), you may have also used more holiday than you were entitled to for this year based on how far into the year we are, so a correction may have been made.

Are Royal Mail crooks?

14 Sep 2018, 08:50

Emdad wrote:
mickeymacca wrote:As stated, you received the full working week you completed last week, in last weeks wage slip (we are paid for the week are on) and only the overtime you completed last week is paid this week.

hope that helps mate

This is a complete lie lol. It states payment date 14/09/2018 therefore I’m suppose to be paid this amount this week. I still have all my payslips and always been paid for work did the next week. You’re not helping you’re just trying to burry the corruption at this point. Last week pay was 402 and this pay slips says 440 which I haven’t recieved therefore why would I be paid £200 without being stated on the payslip I recieved yesterday?

No probs, sorry I could n't be more helpful, and sorry to have wasted your time

good luck with it

Are Royal Mail crooks?

14 Sep 2018, 09:50

@Emdad, the users who have replied to you are experienced and long term posties, they know what they are talking about.
I suggest you take your grievance to you ex manager and see what he/she has to say.
Sorry to hear that once again a s**t office has claimed another victim.

Are Royal Mail crooks?

14 Sep 2018, 11:40

Don't know why someone who's had enough of the job would work 13 hrs overtime in their last week really but each to their own I guess.

Are Royal Mail crooks?

14 Sep 2018, 17:36

Yes!!

Are Royal Mail crooks?

14 Sep 2018, 21:16

If the £440.72 was after tax and you did 13 and a half hours overtime the week before, presuming you’ve worked for Royal Mail over a year you’d be paying 6% pension contributions and then you would had to have worked 13 hours on Monday, 13 hours on Tuesday and 13 hours on Wednesday to be walking out with £440.72 this week.

If you can let people know how many hours you worked Monday to Wednesday, how long you’ve been with the company, what your pension contributions are (0%, 1% or 6%?), do you have a student loan and how many days holidays you’ve had since the beginning of April someone can tell you how much you should roughly be due.

Are Royal Mail crooks?

15 Sep 2018, 18:25

Probably been paid half current week basic and last week's overtime, but wages didn't have time to dock your basic this week on your payslip as you only quit on Wednesday, the extra couple of days between generating your payslip (where they presumed you were gonna work the full week) and actually getting paid on Friday they have amended it. You'll probably get another pay slip to clear this up.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1