not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Accidentally posted special

13 Sep 2018, 19:13

Had a thick moment today, posted a special letter without getting a signature or scanning it. I dare say it was a heavy day today and I had some mug 2 doors down asking if I have a parcel for her as I was posting the letters. My mind slipped and there it went through the door?

Any idea what kind of discipline I’m in for?
Managers weren’t happy with me saying they have to fail it, that’s it’s unacceptable and It’s going to have ‘repurcssions’?

They can’t use the ‘you were rushing around’ argument as I was having to use a trolley and went 5 minutes over time.

13 Sep 2018, 19:41

You didn't sign it did you?

13 Sep 2018, 19:47

One person lost special in our office last year and he still working, so may be warning.

13 Sep 2018, 20:39

rubberbond wrote:You didn't sign it did you?

No I didn’t. Just got distracted and posted it

13 Sep 2018, 21:18

You fessed up which is always a good thing, it won't be too serious as long as you have a relatively clean record I wouldn't have thought. If you posted through the right door, it's not like you've lost it either.

No idea if this was the case or not but NEVER put them in bundles; some people do in my office and it drives me round the bend. Asking for what has happened here to happen.

13 Sep 2018, 21:39

Don’t worry mate. Everybody makes mistakes. That’s what makes us human.

14 Sep 2018, 06:36

I left one in a bag once overnight.. collegue found it the next day. I'm still here. We are only human.... it's not like you left it on the roof of the van.. it will be a ticking off at best.... we are only human

14 Sep 2018, 08:39

did that a few years back .informed manager straight away .item was put through as delivered and next day i got a signature for it just in case.. got a little bollocking nothing else

14 Sep 2018, 09:52

Make sure your rep is with you when you have to speak to management about it!

14 Sep 2018, 10:56

I did this once. Put it through the door with the P739 :d'oh!

Rang manager right away and he was fine about it, said we'll deal with it if anything came of it. Never heard another another thing about it.

Hope you have a similar result and try not to worry about it in the meantime as it's really not the end of the world.

14 Sep 2018, 13:33

I always put an elastic band around each SD item just as an additional reminder that I need to 'zap' it.

14 Sep 2018, 15:00

MinTee wrote:Had a thick moment today, posted a special letter without getting a signature or scanning it. I dare say it was a heavy day today and I had some mug 2 doors down asking if I have a parcel for her as I was posting the letters. My mind slipped and there it went through the door?

Any idea what kind of discipline I’m in for?
Managers weren’t happy with me saying they have to fail it, that’s it’s unacceptable and It’s going to have ‘repurcssions’? [b]
They can’t use the ‘you were rushing around’ argument as I was having to use a trolley and went 5 minutes over time.

Say back to the DOM "how many times have you f****d up my O/T !!

14 Sep 2018, 15:03

DOM's are more worried these days as its part of their bonus
Less complaints less failures etc

15 Sep 2018, 14:04

Yes it’s a mistake,but nobody died,in the bigger picture of things failing deliveries etc,it’s not the end of the world,these things happen,take it on the chin depending on what if anything the boss says,hopefully he’ll make the point which you’re well aware of and leave it at that,I’m sure you can quote a few mistakes that others may have had,as long there’s consistency with the outcome

15 Sep 2018, 19:41

I've done it,manager had a moan,that was it ,don't worry

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2