not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

RTC!

12 Sep 2018, 17:35

Hello I was in an accident that is blameworthy, there’s very light damage to van and other car. manager said there will be some form of conduct to follow. What should I expect to happen?? A driver training course or taken off driving, starting to worry a bit! Can anyone shed some light on what will happen.

RTC!

12 Sep 2018, 17:38

Cmcf96 wrote:Hello I was in an accident that is blameworthy, there’s very light damage to van and other car. manager said there will be some form of conduct to follow. What should I expect to happen?? A driver training course or taken off driving, starting to worry a bit! Can anyone shed some light on what will happen.

Taken off driving, followed by a driver training course? Try not to worry. I've known folk to write a van off, and all they had to do was the driver training course again.

Good luck

RTC!

12 Sep 2018, 17:40

Getting taken off driving is seen as a good thing in our office. Means you get moved less often..

RTC!

12 Sep 2018, 17:47

I had similar and continued to drive but had to take the driving assessment.

RTC!

12 Sep 2018, 18:07

Cmcf96 wrote:Hello I was in an accident that is blameworthy, there’s very light damage to van and other car. manager said there will be some form of conduct to follow. What should I expect to happen?? A driver training course or taken off driving, starting to worry a bit! Can anyone shed some light on what will happen.

The conduct code is not a tool to be used in the RTA procedure unless there is a history of multi collisions.
The RTA procedure commences with a fact finding meeting, 1v1 meeting and a decision on a blameworthy or unblameworthy.
A first minor bump may not involve the removal from driving and is presently being monitored.
Manager may want a driving assessment from the Advanced Driving coach or an assessment by their outside provider Pertemps however the latter eats into their budget.
More likely a ticking off or a 1 hour training assessment

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1