ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Trolly

08 Aug 2018, 16:17

Are you expected to leave the trolly at the end off a street etc tied up and bag up the walk for that street or can you take the trolly with you
I'm having a few problems with my hip and I need to take the trolly but my dom said leave it and bag it up it takes to long otherwise.
Also
How long can you leave a tied up trolly for ?

Trolly

08 Aug 2018, 16:32

Matt123 wrote:Are you expected to leave the trolly at the end off a street etc tied up and bag up the walk for that street or can you take the trolly with you
I'm having a few problems with my hip and I need to take the trolly but my dom said leave it and bag it up it takes to long otherwise.
Also
How long can you leave a tied up trolly for ?

No. Trolley is supposed to be door to door (end of garden path etc) locked up for flats. Bags are no longer supposed to be used on shoulders. He's trying to tell you to do the job incorrectly to save him money ;liar - not doing you any favours. What will you do at Christmas - carry 2 bags on your shoulders?

Trolly

08 Aug 2018, 16:59

The trolley is there to take the weight off your shoulders.
Your manager is a half wit.
When you think this outfit couldn't get any more amateurish one of the dimwits opens its gob.

Trolly

08 Aug 2018, 17:28

He is a dim wit and a pr*ck

Trolly

08 Aug 2018, 17:51

Managers make their own rules up to suit them but if you get in trouble over these homemade rules they'll deny everything.

Trolly

08 Aug 2018, 17:54

I think it’s part of the managers job requirement : be a 5 star prick and u can work for us.

Trolly

08 Aug 2018, 18:09

There are 2 types of trolley - neither should be left unless the location has been risk assessed.

The maximum time IIRC in low-level risk areas is 10 minutes for a locked and secured HCT. 2 Minutes for an LWT, in both cases all prios should be on the person, not left in the trolly.

Trolly

08 Aug 2018, 19:13

We have, in writing, that we can leave LWT for one minute, and that minute is extended for as long as you are stood at a door making a knock-on call during that minute.

Trolly

08 Aug 2018, 19:19

We've got a manager telling us that LWTs have been tested by RM for safety issues and that a report has recommended that they aren't used. Instead we should be carrying bags of up to, but no more than 16Kg (yes, 16Kg) on delivery. When challenged to produced the said report he said that it must have been mislaid, but he'd definitely seen it. :left:

Trolly

13 Aug 2018, 20:31

clashcityrocker wrote:The trolley is there to take the weight off your shoulders.
Your manager is a half wit.
When you think this outfit couldn't get any more amateurish one of the dimwits opens its gob.

At least the DIM admitted it takes longer with the trolley. That's progress.

Trolly

13 Aug 2018, 21:00

Ozzvaldo wrote:We've got a manager telling us that LWTs have been tested by RM for safety issues and that a report has recommended that they aren't used. Instead we should be carrying bags of up to, but no more than 16Kg (yes, 16Kg) on delivery. When challenged to produced the said report he said that it must have been mislaid, but he'd definitely seen it. :left:

Maybe the flying pig stole it! We are checked that we are USING our lwt. Couldn't write it.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1