not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Saturday lock up

05 Aug 2018, 18:52

Who sets the alarm and locks up office and yard on a sat? What’s the procedure and who is it managed officially?

Saturday lock up

05 Aug 2018, 19:02

Dont know but twice ive come back to a locked up office once with my car locked in the car park the other i had all the 739s in a trolley that i had to leave outside till Monday, both times i called the manager no answer.

Saturday lock up

05 Aug 2018, 19:15

cpsteve wrote:Dont know but twice ive come back to a locked up office once with my car locked in the car park the other i had all the 739s in a trolley that i had to leave outside till Monday, both times i called the manager no answer.

Ha!! Brilliant organisation we work for don’t we!? I often get asked to lock up as I’m last back not a manager to be seen this week I didn’t lock up it’s not my job last back after a busy morning with lapsing got done at 2 that’s enough for me ,everyone else had long gone.another discussion Monday no doubt,

Saturday lock up

05 Aug 2018, 19:35

Not sure what the legal aspect of it is, if a postie who lives alone gets robbed and left tied up and gagged in the back of their van, when will he/she be missed if they are closing up before we are accounted for.

Saturday lock up

05 Aug 2018, 20:29

In our office it’s whoever is taking the live mail to the mail centre, as part of an S.A. duty.

Saturday lock up

05 Aug 2018, 20:50

Jpro747 wrote:In our office it’s whoever is taking the live mail to the mail centre, as part of an S.A. duty.

Mmmmmm most of our so called live mail stays put in the bag over the weekend boxes cleared and scanned final dispatch at midday duties back well after that at 130 since the revision,customer first errm I think not!

Saturday lock up

05 Aug 2018, 20:52

Jpro747 wrote:In our office it’s whoever is taking the live mail to the mail centre, as part of an S.A. duty.

I guess that’s fair enough if it’s part of a duty as s/a but otherwise it’s the usual add hoc wing and a prayer grey area debarkle!,once again

Saturday lock up

06 Aug 2018, 21:59

robbertwhitton wrote:

Mmmmmm most of our so called live mail stays put in the bag over the weekend boxes cleared and scanned final dispatch at midday duties back well after that at 130 since the revision,customer first errm I think not!

Same goes on here. On a busy Saturday, those who get back after the SA driver has gone put their live mail in the box outside the office and so it doesn’t go till the following monday. Managers know it’s happening but turn a blind eye.

Saturday lock up

06 Aug 2018, 22:36

Ahh the old turn a blind eye style of management,it’s priceless,makes you wonder why bother to scan and collect rural boxes,another tick box exercise,and they dare to preach about putting the customer first,it’s shameful,it’s all getting a tad silly now,inconsistency from office to office,as to what you can.and can’t have depending on how petrified your boss is to justify parting with money etc

Saturday lock up

06 Aug 2018, 22:55

robbertwhitton wrote:Who sets the alarm and locks up office and yard on a sat? What’s the procedure and who is it managed officially?

It should be either the DOM and/or whoever is in the callers office. Years ago our office had a problem with this issue which could result in hurling post bikes over high walls or gates. Not an ideal situation or very amusing. I presumed this kind of thing didn't happen anymore but maybe as you are asking it is still happening. Heads need to roll methinks.

Saturday lock up

06 Aug 2018, 23:01

Jpro747 wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:

Same goes on here. On a busy Saturday, those who get back after the SA driver has gone put their live mail in the box outside the office and so it doesn’t go till the following monday. Managers know it’s happening but turn a blind eye.

The problem with doing this is that RM employs people to post letters with microchips in them that register when they enter the mail centre. If they register later then the postie who should have got the mail back in time will be in trouble. In our DO either the DOM or callers office person collects the mail up that has missed the SA run and takes it to the MC on the way home. We only know about this because RM tried and failed to catch me out on it when the error was on their part and a system failure.

Saturday lock up

07 Aug 2018, 07:42

They are making the people scan the cod point when they get back off delivery and hand their mail in so they can see who’s back before the final scan of the cod point

Saturday lock up

07 Aug 2018, 08:25

Celgar wrote:
Jpro747 wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:

The problem with doing this is that RM employs people to post letters with microchips in them that register when they enter the mail centre. If they register later then the postie who should have got the mail back in time will be in trouble. In our DO either the DOM or callers office person collects the mail up that has missed the SA run and takes it to the MC on the way home. We only know about this because RM tried and failed to catch me out on it when the error was on their part and a system failure.

They're RFID tags, if you look above whatever doors you use to bring in mail from the lorries coming from your local MC or mail going to your local MC you'll see the scanner

Saturday lock up

07 Aug 2018, 22:36

Phg staff at two. If you suspect you're gonna be late there's a key you can take which opens the gate and you leave your stuff in an out building. Ain't got a key and it's a case of leaving your van outside with your returns ect in the back. Not ideal, especially when it's happened before that people have left cars keys, house keys ect in the office.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1