not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

No overtime or sign in/our sheet on saturday

04 Aug 2018, 23:19

Did overtime today and there was no over time sheet or sign in and out sheet and that seems to be a thing on saturdays, does that happen at anyone else’s depo? Gonna have to chase up that overtime now for sure

04 Aug 2018, 23:38

Simple if you cant sign in, then you wait for your manager to provide the correct documentation. Just wait for him to do so before you start your duty.

05 Aug 2018, 10:31

Chase up the overtime; in future just bugger off if you're early coz they won't have a clue what time you're signing out!

05 Aug 2018, 13:24

Did you not have a manager or someone in charge to ask for one?

05 Aug 2018, 22:00

My manager never supplies the overtime sheet.

09 Aug 2018, 21:50

joewyan wrote:Did you not have a manager or someone in charge to ask for one?

There was one in but no one seemed to care

24 Sep 2018, 16:52

Interesting - we rarely have a sign in /sign out sheet and the overtime sheet often goes walkies - I think the manager just hides them to put folk off. I leave a written note with details of my ot and leave it on the manager after photocopying it. Having said that I calculated the ot claimed/due against what I have been paid and they owe me 12hours 35mins. That's a lot of money to me so am going to had them a copy of the spreadsheet printout when I'm back in on Weds. Wonder if I'll ever see that money. What a swindle this job is.

24 Sep 2018, 21:29

Maybe they didn't have the docket out as it was a SATURDAY and they didn't think anybody would work docket on a weekend. :wave

24 Sep 2018, 21:37

Navalron wrote:Maybe they didn't have the docket out as it was a SATURDAY and they didn't think anybody would work docket on a weekend. :wave

Hi Navalron - what does this mean? What is "would work docket on a weekend"? I'm new to RM and trying to get up to speed with the language and terms used. I was 30mins over on Saturday so expected to be able to input that to a form somewhere and hopefully get paid for it!

24 Sep 2018, 21:39

Of course, they are swindling you out of overtime. I can't believe people do nothing about it! Nobody should have to chase after the money they are owed for work they have done. :arrrghhh
Don't people realise that the very fact that the sheet is hidden is a way to put you off claiming? Also, the manipulative reptilian managers intimidate workers into not claiming and those who do claim find they have hours missing. The very fact that the sheet is in the managers' office is yet another way to put people of claiming.

24 Sep 2018, 22:14

cookiewise wrote:
Navalron wrote:Maybe they didn't have the docket out as it was a SATURDAY and they didn't think anybody would work docket on a weekend. :wave

Hi Navalron - what does this mean? What is "would work docket on a weekend"? I'm new to RM and trying to get up to speed with the language and terms used. I was 30mins over on Saturday so expected to be able to input that to a form somewhere and hopefully get paid for it!

Docket is just an old name for overtime as you carried a overtime form (docket) and got it signed by the duty manager for any overtime over your hours, driving allowance, shift allowance ect but now it's just a signing on/off sheet. But he's you are entitled to EVERY minute you work. You should see the manager on return of the very next day of duty to get it into overtime book and also see whoever works the bookroom. That will be a postie who you will see in a little office behind a computer trying to look busy, lol. Don't be afraid to ask other posties about what's what. There should also be a workplace coach also, whom should have made himself known to you as soon as you started along with the union rep. Any good manager would introduce you to these people but RM doesent have many good managers. There are one of two out of 11000 managers. Stick with it as you will get their and claim for every minute even five. Your not out for the good of corporate Britain your out for yourself and your family. :thumbup

25 Sep 2018, 09:13

Thanks Navalron - I've now made a spreadsheet with all my extra hours worked and subtracted the hours paid. They underpaid me 12hrs 35mins. I've only been there 6 weeks ffs! From what I've read this is the norm for the place and RM expect you to work for free. RM is so clearly run on the goodwill of the staff at the coalface it is shocking that all RM does is exploit that. 12hrs 35mins is worth over £100 to me.

There is no coach in the whole DO! There is a union rep and I have raised my concerns with him on a number of occasions (especially when the manager was trying to bully me and shame me into not claiming overtime "you're too slow" "I am doing my best and I am new to this job").

25 Sep 2018, 11:58

That's there usual bullshit. Don't let them away with it. Your new and you will be slower than the other posture and your DOM ad linos know that. (DOM is for delivery office manager and LINO is for line manager) just in case you didn't know. Go to your DOM or LINO one more time and ask them what's happening then ask them for the direct number for staffing/payroll and let them know you will be taking it further. Also you can put a grievance in against them for withholding your LEGALLY entitled wages. I wouldn't go down that road just quite get but it's there if you really need it. There must be a couple of decent posties still in the job that will show you the ropes. We always did get left in at the deep end when we all started but our wages were never short and the batters would always get someone to give you a dig out. Now they just s**t on posties, (apart from the runners who break every health and safety law in the book,) all to get their bonuses while taking the c*** out of the majority of the workers. Let us know how you get on.YOU'VE WORKED FOR IT AND THEY OWE YOU IT, LEGALLY AND MORRALLY :thumbup

30 Sep 2018, 23:19

Still waiting for DOM to actually take my spreadsheet with OT detailed. Hours owed are now around 16. Can I really go above him to get this paid? I went ot him via the union rep but not sure how reliable that route is.
There is no LINO, just a DOM afaik - although this is the first job where I have yet to be introduced to any of the staff.
There is a PHG - nice chap - but the whole seniority thing in my DO is terribly archaic. Is the PHG my LINO?
Not looking forward to tomorrow. Being put on a new route with no training. Could be a long day.

30 Sep 2018, 23:29

cookiewise wrote:Still waiting for DOM to actually take my spreadsheet with OT detailed. Hours owed are now around 16. Can I really go above him to get this paid? I went ot him via the union rep but not sure how reliable that route is.
There is no LINO, just a DOM afaik - although this is the first job where I have yet to be introduced to any of the staff.
There is a PHG - nice chap - but the whole seniority thing in my DO is terribly archaic. Is the PHG my LINO?
Not looking forward to tomorrow. Being put on a new route with no training. Could be a long day.

There's no such thing anymore as a PHG. The person that you're referring to as the PHG is probably the person who's in the locker and/or reception desk

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2