not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Social care trial

11 Jul 2018, 13:22

I posted a few months ago about the plan to introduce a type of social care in the community plan into our routes,its all been a bit quite but today we have been told our area and 2 others will trial it from September.It involves calling into upto 6 people on each round for a minimum of 10 minutes,where you will ask a series of questions on your PDA,twice a week.These visits will be treated the same as special delivery.
Royal Mail are being paid by local councils but no money will be paid to staff.
Only under a Tory government.

Social care trial

11 Jul 2018, 13:55

Sounds like a good idea to me 1hr less delivery (If you have the full 6 calls). Prob be able to have a cuppa while your at it also. Prob make people days aswell. Some people don't see anyone for weeks on end.

Social care trial

11 Jul 2018, 17:09

CPTNemoUK wrote:Sounds like a good idea to me 1hr less delivery (If you have the full 6 calls). Prob be able to have a cuppa while your at it also. Prob make people days aswell. Some people don't see anyone for weeks on end.

Yes, sounds good in theory....only we all know that these DOs aren't going to be taking away an hour from these deliveries. So, isn't it just yet more work on top of an ever increasing workload?

And RM getting paid for this but not the posties is just the icing on the cake.

Please keep us posted on how the trial goes. I love the social aspect of it though, like said above could make some people's day. But if RM was really serious about it though, take a couple of loops off my duty and give me the time to have a cup of tea etc with the older people who offer from time to time, but I have to decline because I'm running up my own arse to complete.

Social care trial

12 Jul 2018, 05:47

Great idea, let's hope if one of the people that you see doesn't have dementia and accuse you of stealing something. As they probably forget where they put it.

If it smells fishy when you go in, they could have had some fish or they could have a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection). They'd need to go down to doctors!

At least if they fall and can't get up, someone like you could phone an ambulance and comfort them and put a blanket on them. Some when they fall can be on the ground, bath tub for well over 24 hours!

Social care trial

12 Jul 2018, 07:01

I hate this. Will never happen.

Social care trial

12 Jul 2018, 07:12

Main issue for me is I have a really low tolerance towards minging houses.

Social care trial

12 Jul 2018, 12:26

How long before they try to claim having a cuppa in someone's house doing this will form part of your meal relief?

Social care trial

12 Jul 2018, 15:21

Have a cup of tea and a chat, to be honest there are some I deliver to where I have to hold my breath when you get near the front door let alone go into it. by the way I'm a POSTMAN not social services.

Social care trial

14 Jul 2018, 10:55

Islander wrote:by the way I'm a POSTMAN not social services.

I get that, but whose responsibility should it be on in this day and age?

Social care trial

14 Jul 2018, 18:59

Mmmm so with all the lapsing,loaning failed deliveries,etc,they pile more stuff on to us,bit like workshops doing other people’s cars while our fleets on its knees,you really couldn’t make this stuff up

Social care trial

14 Jul 2018, 20:37

robbertwhitton wrote:Mmmm so with all the lapsing,loaning failed deliveries,etc,they pile more stuff on to us,bit like workshops doing other people’s cars while our fleets on its knees,you really couldn’t make this stuff up

The only thing RM care about is money.

Social care trial

14 Jul 2018, 21:23

good "idea" and all. but how does this fall under our job description and how qualified are we to pay social visits ? I know many at my office who would leave the person feeling worse about life than they were before talking to them.

Social care trial

15 Jul 2018, 10:47

Imagine the runners getting asked to do this lol ! they got a job to post the right mail not alone talk to the customers .

Social care trial

15 Jul 2018, 10:54

Islander wrote:Have a cup of tea and a chat, to be honest there are some I deliver to where I have to hold my breath when you get near the front door let alone go into it. by the way I'm a POSTMAN not social services.

100% agree - it's fine to have a quick natter say hello etc but posties have a job - which is delivering mail...finish...go home.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1