ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

jury service

09 Jul 2018, 18:27

I have got jury service on the 30 july. do we still get paid from work or do i have to claim from the court.

thx

jury service

09 Jul 2018, 21:20

you get paid as normal from RM and enjoy the saturdays off, RM then claim the money back off the courts when you hand them the paperwork you will receive on completing your jury service.

jury service

09 Jul 2018, 22:20

Also if you do regular overtime you can claim for that from the court.. Manager fills form in for you confirming overtime you do

jury service

10 Jul 2018, 10:26

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Tim ... ummary.pdf

Jury service: Before your jury service starts, you will need to give your manager the notification of the
dates from the Court.

As the Court won’t reimburse your loss of earnings until after your jury service, we
will pay you an average of your basic pay, assigned allowances and overtime over the last 13 week period.

This payment is a loan from Royal Mail, so that you are not out of pocket during jury service.

Once you receive your loss of earnings from the Court, you will need to repay Royal Mail the outstanding amount
(either as a one-off payment or as deductions from your pay). See the Jury Service Guide for details.

jury service

10 Jul 2018, 16:37

iceman1277 wrote:I have got jury service on the 30 july. do we still get paid from work or do i have to claim from the court.

thx

I too have got jury service the very same week ( and week after). I'm on a 1 in 6 and the second week will be my rota week, can someone tell me if I've worked it out right. The money rm gives you is only a loan and so as long as I go in on the Saturday of the first week, I won't have to pay them any money back for that rota week as I have already worked that weeks days.

jury service

10 Jul 2018, 18:26

I have done jury service.
Gave Dom my confirmation letter and that was that.
Got paid as normal .no forms to fill in and nothing to pay back

jury service

10 Jul 2018, 21:19

col456xyz wrote:I have done jury service.
Gave Dom my confirmation letter and that was that.
Got paid as normal .no forms to fill in and nothing to pay back

How long ago was your jury service. done mine a long time ago an was same as you paid normally and no form signing but guess times have changed.

jury service

12 Jul 2018, 15:33

Mine lasted 1 week.
Done it 2 years ago

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1