ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE


LAT product

08 Jul 2018, 22:34

What's all this about? Delivering parcels later in the day from a DO hub....like our competitors have been doing for years?


LAT product

09 Jul 2018, 00:00

Wild Rover wrote:What's all this about? Delivering parcels later in the day from a DO hub....like our competitors have been doing for years?

Not going to happen. MCs don't have the capacity to process it, with Network 18 we're failing as it is and good luck trying to find the drivers required to take it from the MCs to the DO hubs, we're short on drivers as it is and some are due to retire soon

LAT product

09 Jul 2018, 08:49

It's a new product so I suspect they'll want it to work?

LAT product

09 Jul 2018, 09:02

Wild Rover wrote:It's a new product so I suspect they'll want it to work?

Only way it'll have a chance in hell of working is if RM revert all the changes that were made for Network 18. Given staffing levels in general (across MCs and DOs) i'd be surprised if many DOs hubs have got sufficient staff to deliver it, that is if their local MC even has the drivers available to do the MC to DO hub runs when we're very short on drivers as it is (can't be that far off agency drivers outnumbering RM drivers at times)

LAT product

09 Jul 2018, 11:25

Our office has just had a LAT duty picked , initially it's going to cover 3 DO's in the NG area ( Newark , Grantham and Sleaford ) the geographic area will be huge. But so we are told will revert back to single office LAT duty as the product increases. Delivering up to 19.00 , which will be fun looking for named house in a rural district in the dark come winter especially on a Saturday.

LAT product

09 Jul 2018, 14:46

This is the future. I'm all for it if it can be split so you're not working 6 days a week like we do on Wally weeks.

LAT product

09 Jul 2018, 15:00

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Wild Rover wrote:It's a new product so I suspect they'll want it to work?

Only way it'll have a chance in hell of working is if RM revert all the changes that were made for Network 18. Given staffing levels in general (across MCs and DOs) i'd be surprised if many DOs hubs have got sufficient staff to deliver it, that is if their local MC even has the drivers available to do the MC to DO hub runs when we're very short on drivers as it is (can't be that far off agency drivers outnumbering RM drivers at times)


why do you assume they wont make resource changes to accommodate new ideas ?

LAT product

09 Jul 2018, 15:43

Because it's RM and they make it look good on paper, roll it out and fudge the figures and rely on the screws to soread the meagre resources even further. Seriously, apart from us working even harder what resources do you think they'll bring in?

LAT product

09 Jul 2018, 15:46

i dont know, i dont claim to know..... someone was acting like they did know so wondered what they based that on ?

LAT product

09 Jul 2018, 15:55

That's you and me both. But given their past record I reckon us working even harder is their plan to cover it.

LAT product

09 Jul 2018, 16:05

true, but id be cautious about saying they wont do "x" because right now they dont have the resources, delivering parcels at later times makes a lot of sense for customers who tend to be working during daytime. This could be a premium service and also a very popular one.

LAT product

09 Jul 2018, 16:11

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Wild Rover wrote:It's a new product so I suspect they'll want it to work?

Only way it'll have a chance in hell of working is if RM revert all the changes that were made for Network 18. Given staffing levels in general (across MCs and DOs) i'd be surprised if many DOs hubs have got sufficient staff to deliver it, that is if their local MC even has the drivers available to do the MC to DO hub runs when we're very short on drivers as it is (can't be that far off agency drivers outnumbering RM drivers at times)


I’m a fully qualified Class 1 driver with cpc and tacho card,trained under the DCP and isn’t being used.
There are many others on the same boat as me, who are fully trained to do the job, and are being over looked.
They would rather use agency drivers...

Just look at this post......

https://www.pertemps.co.uk/job/13610000 ... in-Bristol

Makes my piss boil......

LAT product

09 Jul 2018, 16:38

Postie45 wrote:true, but id be cautious about saying they wont do "x" because right now they dont have the resources, delivering parcels at later times makes a lot of sense for customers who tend to be working during daytime. This could be a premium service and also a very popular one.

What about starting earlier instead , as people are in before they leave for work ,or the school run , whatever.

LAT product

09 Jul 2018, 16:43

At our office the rumour is that collection drivers will be delivering these parcels due to them having less work now (boxes to empty).

LAT product

09 Jul 2018, 17:08

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Wild Rover wrote:What's all this about? Delivering parcels later in the day from a DO hub....like our competitors have been doing for years?

Not going to happen. MCs don't have the capacity to process it, with Network 18 we're failing as it is and good luck trying to find the drivers required to take it from the MCs to the DO hubs, we're short on drivers as it is and some are due to retire soon

It was due to start on July 9th but I don't know if it did or not. They won't leave P739s though so if an item cannot be delivered by them it will given to the standard walks in DOs to deliver the following day.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 9   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9