ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Holiday

07 Jul 2018, 21:27

I haven’t got my contract yet, how many days a year do new starters get and also do I have to tell my manager it all in advance for the entire year (I’ve hesrd that’s the case)
Thank you

Holiday

07 Jul 2018, 21:55

Rapidryan88 wrote:I haven’t got my contract yet, how many days a year do new starters get and also do I have to tell my manager it all in advance for the entire year (I’ve hesrd that’s the case)
Thank you

22.5 days. Holidays go from april to april so its more likely you will have 18/19 days this year. Booking of holidays can be different in every office ie large office n small will have a different way of allocation of holidays.

Holiday

08 Jul 2018, 01:12

Clared wrote:
Rapidryan88 wrote:I haven’t got my contract yet, how many days a year do new starters get and also do I have to tell my manager it all in advance for the entire year (I’ve hesrd that’s the case)
Thank you

22.5 days. Holidays go from april to april so its more likely you will have 18/19 days this year. Booking of holidays can be different in every office ie large office n small will have a different way of allocation of holidays.

Thank you! :)

Holiday

08 Jul 2018, 08:07

If you need a certain week off you need to tell the manager that you told them already

Holiday

08 Jul 2018, 10:06

Creditshampoo wrote:If you need a certain week off you need to tell the manager that you told them already

Thanks already ahead of ya on that one

Holiday

08 Jul 2018, 13:45

Thank you

Make sure you tell them all your holiday dates that you want for this current holiday year straight away as they will honour existing holiday otherwise you’ll have to fit in where there is a gap.

Holiday

08 Jul 2018, 16:28

Can't say the same for everyone but holidays are a bit of a mare at our place. We have to book ours at least a year in advance and even then you don't always get what you want. One of the worst elements of this job in my opinion. Took some getting used to 'coz at my old job I could take a day's holiday if and when, as long as I hsd holiday to use.

Holiday

08 Jul 2018, 20:55

I started in May and my entitlement is 19.5 days. However, I can't have a whole week off until January. There's odd days and pretty much no Saturdays available at all.

Holiday

08 Jul 2018, 21:37

DaisyDoodles wrote:I started in May and my entitlement is 19.5 days. However, I can't have a whole week off until January. There's odd days and pretty much no Saturdays available at all.

That really sucks, no ones even asked me for my holiday they just asked for any specific dates from my interview that I mentioned

Holiday

09 Jul 2018, 13:32

Rapidryan88 wrote:
DaisyDoodles wrote:I started in May and my entitlement is 19.5 days. However, I can't have a whole week off until January. There's odd days and pretty much no Saturdays available at all.

That really sucks, no ones even asked me for my holiday they just asked for any specific dates from my interview that I mentioned

Tomorrow when its relatively quite pop into the manager's inner sanctum (the canteen?) and ask him what weeks are free and apply for those that you want. Do not let them carry them over, by law you have to have the opportunity to take at least your statutory leave.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1