ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Dog bite

13 Jun 2018, 17:18

Had a nasty dog bite on delivery a week ago. Finally the managers have been out to customer today. 7 days later. Disgusted with how slow they have taken to respond.
How do i go about claiming compensation for this? Got 3 teeth marks on my legs. Def pierced the skin.
Any help would be great.

Dog bite

13 Jun 2018, 17:34

philbauer81 wrote:Had a nasty dog bite on delivery a week ago. Finally the managers have been out to customer today. 7 days later. Disgusted with how slow they have taken to respond.
How do i go about claiming compensation for this? Got 3 teeth marks on my legs. Def pierced the skin.
Any help would be great.

See your H&S rep and the Union will help.

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=73636 LTB 134/16 - Royal Mail - "Dog Attack Compensation Scheme" & Claim Form

Dog bite

13 Jun 2018, 19:35

All boils down to how good the DOM is. One of our lads was bitten earlier in the week. Next day at WTLL we were ALL told to NOT deliver to that address until further notice. The DOMs got to deliver a letter to the owner first. After checking with the H&S Rep we were told that if a Dog is loose we should ask the owner to put it indoors before we hand over the mail (our guy was bitten through the gate as he handed the mail over) :shock:

I think with Dogs you've just got to use common sense, if the Dog's loose don't go into the garden. I don't believe enough is being done despite all the BS about "National Dog Awareness Week" etc. Too many owners are just bloody idiots that shouldn't be allowed to own a dog.... let alone have children. Hope you recover fully, I always get a bit twitchy around ANY Dogs for a while after I've had a bite. Might be an idea to ask the PHG/Work place coach to put the Local Dog Wardens telephone number onto the PDA, then you can inform him as well. :cuppa

Dog bite

13 Jun 2018, 19:49

Hope you get better soon, I’ve always had a dog growing up and since being bitten a few times I can’t help but get a nervous at addresses with dogs now mainly because 9/10 owners are absolutely useless and have zero control over them.

Dog bite

13 Jun 2018, 20:04

I got bit about a month or so ago. It amazed me the length management went through to put me off filling a Erica report out. I didn't see the H/S rep till a couple of days after it happe ed and he told me about the Erica report. So went to he manager saying I want it doing and they came out with. You can only do it within 24 hours of it happening. So I kicked up a fuss. So they changed thier tune and started Saying. The whole process takes 4 hours all together, so I went that's fine. Then they went if you are found at fault you will be conducted.i wasn't at fault I was half way up the drive and the guy opened his front door and the dog had me (dog peg didn't help) lol. He didn't even apologise :arrrghhh.

In the end I didn't even fill it out my wife had a misscarrige a few days later so the bite wasn't important to me no more. I did report the incident to the police though. I don't even think they sent a letter to the address. Just felt like they don't care and they only care about thier figures. Joke of a company. :arrrghhh

Dog bite

16 Jun 2018, 12:36

CPTNemoUK wrote:I got bit about a month or so ago.

In the end I didn't even fill it out my wife had a misscarrige a few days later so the bite wasn't important to me no more. I did report the incident to the police though. I don't even think they sent a letter to the address. Just felt like they don't care and they only care about thier figures. Joke of a company. :arrrghhh

Sorry to hear of your bad news mate. Your post did strike a cord though. I wonder how many incidents slip under the radar because they're not reported, due to one thing and another? I've had a DOM trying his best to discourage me from reporting an Accident before now. I believe it's another "Tick in the Box" towards another element of their Bonuses. :hmmmm He made me LOL as he pointed out a Certificate on his Office wall saying, "We've had an award due to our low level of accidents"! :shock: I replied, "I expect you have had a low level of accidents.... IF YOU DON'T BOTHER REPORTING THEM"! :arrrghhh We truly are managed by a bunch of lying deceitful bastards. :cuppa

Dog bite

16 Jun 2018, 15:01

Dorset Plodder wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:I got bit about a month or so ago.

Sorry to hear of your bad news mate. Your post did strike a cord though. I wonder how many incidents slip under the radar because they're not reported, due to one thing and another? I've had a DOM trying his best to discourage me from reporting an Accident before now. I believe it's another "Tick in the Box" towards another element of their Bonuses. :hmmmm He made me LOL as he pointed out a Certificate on his Office wall saying, "We've had an award due to our low level of accidents"! :shock: I replied, "I expect you have had a low level of accidents.... IF YOU DON'T BOTHER REPORTING THEM"! :arrrghhh We truly are managed by a bunch of lying deceitful bastards. :cuppa

Well said that man,your spot on with that,it’s such a time consuming nightmare and it shouldn’t be,there all full of it with there dog awareness week and health and safety awareness stuff but as ever backed up with very little substance,which sums up how this company has got,we had top management down some years ago to present us with yet another meaningless certificate re accidents reported,I refused to be part of the presentation and told them all what I thought of this farce!

Dog bite

17 Jun 2018, 05:21

I had a bad dog bite last winter, a big alsation chased me down the street and gave my arm a god crunch.

As someone said, more really needs to be done about dogs, not just in terms of RM, just in general. I'd be all for bringing back the dog licence because so many dog owners are just clueless/don't care.

How many times have we been told "oh don't worry he's friendly" yeah right enough he looked really friendly when he chased me to my van with his teeth out snarling away at me!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1