ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Golden Wedding

12 Jun 2018, 20:25

What a real treat it is to deliver a special delivery card for a golden wedding anniversary to a lovely couple on my round this morning,to say they were chuffed was an understatement! this is what makes this the job it is,amidst all the sham and drudgery,lapsing,loaning,penny pinching,low morale,etc etc,its a real tonic I have to say,I dare say the cynics amongst us will mock this ,but hey just telling it how it is,am sure any dom would have all his stresses pail into insignificance if he felt that way after playing his part in anybody’s special day .

Golden Wedding

12 Jun 2018, 20:38

There are some nice things about this job , I'm looking forward to the day I can retire , mind you it will probably be in a wheelchair , what with knackered ankles , knees , back , shoulders , I can't wait !

Golden Wedding

12 Jun 2018, 20:56

The 'community' aspect has been thrown aside. The people up above do not realise that the postman is PART of the community.

Golden Wedding

12 Jun 2018, 23:58

I had one last year for a lovely couple on my round. Embarrassingly I dropped it in front of them juggling the pda, mail and the card :oops:. Luckily it was a dry day.

Golden Wedding

13 Jun 2018, 19:21

wookie wrote:The 'community' aspect has been thrown aside. The people up above do not realise that the postman is PART of the community.

Ain’t that the sad truth. I don’t think they realise how important it is for business to build good relationships with our customers either.

Golden Wedding

16 Jun 2018, 16:20

robbertwhitton wrote:What a real treat it is to deliver a special delivery card for a golden wedding anniversary to a lovely couple on my round this morning,to say they were chuffed was an understatement! this is what makes this the job it is,amidst all the sham and drudgery,lapsing,loaning,penny pinching,low morale,etc etc,its a real tonic I have to say,I dare say the cynics amongst us will mock this ,but hey just telling it how it is,am sure any dom would have all his stresses pail into insignificance if he felt that way after playing his part in anybody’s special day .

I totally agree with you,I delivered a few of these in my time as a postie,and it makes you feel valued when you make someones day,which is more than can be said for RM.
One of the saddest things nowadays is that the posties are under so much pressure to do their massive deliverys as quickly as possible that they just havent got the time to hardly say hello to the public,never mind just checking on the old and lonely who sometimes the postie is the only face they ever see for days.
Like Wookie wrote the Community aspect has been thrown aside,RM should be ashamed :no no

Golden Wedding

16 Jun 2018, 16:39

I delivered someone's 100th birthday card from the queen, i didn't expect to deliver her 108th birthday card just last year

Golden Wedding

16 Jun 2018, 20:02

lcook282 wrote:I delivered someone's 100th birthday card from the queen, i didn't expect to deliver her 108th birthday card just last year

That's crazy! Is the lady still alive? Some going!

Golden Wedding

17 Jun 2018, 11:00

postietom wrote:
lcook282 wrote:I delivered someone's 100th birthday card from the queen, i didn't expect to deliver her 108th birthday card just last year

That's crazy! Is the lady still alive? Some going!

Sadly not, there'll be no 109th birthday card.

Golden Wedding

17 Jun 2018, 15:26

robbertwhitton wrote:What a real treat it is to deliver a special delivery card for a golden wedding anniversary to a lovely couple on my round this morning,to say they were chuffed was an understatement! this is what makes this the job it is,amidst all the sham and drudgery,lapsing,loaning,penny pinching,low morale,etc etc,its a real tonic I have to say,I dare say the cynics amongst us will mock this ,but hey just telling it how it is,am sure any dom would have all his stresses pail into insignificance if he felt that way after playing his part in anybody’s special day .

It will probably actually be for their diamond anniversay(60 years), as they're not issued for 50 years!

I've delivered a few 'telegrams off the queen' as they used to be called, over the years, and I agree it does make the job what it is or perhaps what it used to be!

Golden Wedding

17 Jun 2018, 17:26

RobertT wrote:

It will probably actually be for their diamond anniversay(60 years), as they're not issued for 50 years!

I've delivered a few 'telegrams off the queen' as they used to be called, over the years, and I agree it does make the job what it is or perhaps what it used to be!

Yes I've delivered a few too. What an honour! :Very Happy

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1