ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

PPI collections

14 May 2018, 21:02

Hi
I'm after some advice please. I'm picking up from PPI
Customer. He gives me 3 bags sealed. And one bag still opened. Should I have refused the bag that WASNT sealed. Also should any bags that are sealed, should they be stamped with what customer they are from. Any help would be helpful. I'm stressing.

PPI collections

14 May 2018, 21:55

Each PPI bag should have a 1st or 2nd PPI label attached with the customers reference number written on it. You should also have a printed sheet detailing what is in the bags and there should be a barcode. On the pda scan the customers collection barcode and select PPI, scan the barcode on the paperwork and click done or finish or submit (I forget what it says now) Place the paperwork in the unsealed bag and seal it( tie strap) with a PPI label attached. If there is no paperwork, attach a red cross label to each bag and select no paperwork or barcode on the pda ( it will automatically select RED CROSS for you. When you return to the office place the red cross bags in the red cross york container or ask the locker where they want them.

PPI collections

15 May 2018, 14:22

polar bear wrote:Hi
I'm after some advice please. I'm picking up from PPI
Customer. He gives me 3 bags sealed. And one bag still opened. Should I have refused the bag that WASNT sealed. Also should any bags that are sealed, should they be stamped with what customer they are from. Any help would be helpful. I'm stressing.

I don't think we provide cable ties anymore anyway. Ultimately as long as they have the paperwork it doesn't matter. We have to seg them anyway when we get back. As above though, if there's no paperwork make sure it's placed in revenue when you get back and red x it on the pda.

PPI collections

15 May 2018, 18:45

THanks for the replies. One more question. Is it supposed to mention how many bags there is on the paperwork

PPI collections

15 May 2018, 19:04

polar why you stressing for mate chillax :cuppa :cuppa

PPI collections

15 May 2018, 19:19

polar bear wrote:THanks for the replies. One more question. Is it supposed to mention how many bags there is on the paperwork

It says how many packets etc. there is on the paperwork, but not how many bags. Obviously if there are small packets they’re going to fit more in the bag. All you have to worry about is collecting the bags and making sure the paperwork is there. If the paperwork isn’t there, red x it as the other guys have said. And chill!!

PPI collections

16 May 2018, 18:53

Sorry lads one more.
The reference number on the ppi tag.
Is it their docket number from their paperwork or the PPI number from the paperwork

PPI collections

16 May 2018, 19:19

polar bear wrote:Sorry lads one more.
The reference number on the ppi tag.
Is it their docket number from their paperwork or the PPI number from the paperwork

Ohhhh ...... good question. Never thought of that. I would imagine it’s their specific ppi number, not a docket number as they would (or should) have loads of pre printed labels to put on bags. But that’s only a guess.

PPI collections

16 May 2018, 20:13

plaguelift wrote:
polar bear wrote:THanks for the replies. One more question. Is it supposed to mention how many bags there is on the paperwork

It says how many packets etc. there is on the paperwork, but not how many bags. Obviously if there are small packets they’re going to fit more in the bag. All you have to worry about is collecting the bags and making sure the paperwork is there. If the paperwork isn’t there, red x it as the other guys have said. And chill!!

Hate to be a jobs worth, but PDA tells you to refuse mail if it isn’t accompanied with paperwork.

Another rule that no-one follows, including management (ours say collect anyway) unless they want to ‘do’ you.

PPI collections

17 May 2018, 20:50

The PDA also gives you a telephone number for you to show/give to the customer, when there is no paperwork, who is then supposed to make the call and they are given another number or reference to attach or include with the mail when the items they are posting have been recorded manually. You still have to red cross them as well. This means you are standing around while they phone up and get talked through how to proceed.

Don't ask me how I know this!!!! It takes ages and if you are on a busy collection it is easier to just red cross the mail after selecting no barcode

PPI collections

18 May 2018, 18:31

So what's the difinitive answer on lifting mail without paperwork. I'm seeking clarification. Lift the mail yes or no.

PPI collections

18 May 2018, 21:30

polar bear wrote:So what's the difinitive answer on lifting mail without paperwork. I'm seeking clarification. Lift the mail yes or no.

Revenue protection told us no, gaffers told us yes.

PPI collections

18 May 2018, 21:59

LaggyBand wrote:
polar bear wrote:So what's the difinitive answer on lifting mail without paperwork. I'm seeking clarification. Lift the mail yes or no.

Revenue protection told us no, gaffers told us yes.

Phone a friend :hmmmm

PPI collections

19 May 2018, 14:57

LaggyBand wrote:
plaguelift wrote:

Hate to be a jobs worth, but PDA tells you to refuse mail if it isn’t accompanied with paperwork.

Another rule that no-one follows, including management (ours say collect anyway) unless they want to ‘do’ you.

Can you elaborate please mate. How will the management "do" you?
Should PPI mail be collected without paperwork?
Will you get done for lifting mail without paperwork or get done for leaving mail because paperwork isn't there.

PPI collections

20 May 2018, 08:57

Our manager told us at WTL no paperwork no pick up one of the firms i visit the guy said he had no paperwork for some 2nd class ppi i told him i am not allowed to pick the mail up, the next day he had the paperwork so i collected.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2