not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Part time working full time hours

14 May 2018, 01:17

Hi all, iv been with Royal Mail just under 2years on a 20 hour contract but Iv never worked 20 hours. I’m always put on full time rounds. Iv asked my managers for more contracted hours but they always say they are looking into it. Same with the union rep! The next person is on 32 hours. Starting to get me down as holidays and rest weeks I get half pay!! Any advise? Cheers guys

14 May 2018, 06:32

I know it’s tough but you gotta work your contract hours. That’s the only way for a full time position to open up.
Then the position will be advertised and the most senior member of staff will get it

14 May 2018, 13:25

Dhdeanie wrote:Hi all, iv been with Royal Mail just under 2years on a 20 hour contract but Iv never worked 20 hours. I’m always put on full time rounds. Iv asked my managers for more contracted hours but they always say they are looking into it. Same with the union rep! The next person is on 32 hours. Starting to get me down as holidays and rest weeks I get half pay!! Any advise? Cheers guys

https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/holid ... firms-eat/
I have attached the above link for your information.
RM have been dithering over the inclusion of O/T in holiday pay.
Several cases have seen employers taken to an ET on this subject and have had a mixed response.
Some have been successful in their application where the O/T was compulsory but others where the O/T was regarded as voluntary lost their case.
RM has argued that their O/T is completely voluntary and not to be included in holiday pay but recently this has been overturned by EAT ( Employment Appeals Tribunal ).
if the O/T is regular and normal practice as mentioned in the link
This is now a matter for CWU to put pressure on RM.

14 May 2018, 16:54

Dhdeanie wrote:Hi all, iv been with Royal Mail just under 2years on a 20 hour contract but Iv never worked 20 hours. I’m always put on full time rounds. Iv asked my managers for more contracted hours but they always say they are looking into it. Same with the union rep! The next person is on 32 hours. Starting to get me down as holidays and rest weeks I get half pay!! Any advise? Cheers guys

Reviews are to be done in March and September each year regarding part timers working over their contract hours regularly, your rep should be having weekly resourcing meetings where your problem and possibly others should be brought up.
Show your rep page 8 of the new agreement...
http://www.cwu.org/wp-content/uploads/2 ... ballot.pdf

15 May 2018, 20:34

Same old story!! People never just working their contracted hours!

16 May 2018, 16:52

Last edited by Murdoch on 18 Oct 2018, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.

17 May 2018, 11:17

My wife seems to think I should be getting more than my contracted pay for annual leave and rest weeks. Anyone heard of this?

17 May 2018, 14:53

Dhdeanie wrote:My wife seems to think I should be getting more than my contracted pay for annual leave and rest weeks. Anyone heard of this?

The law isn't as firm as that yet.

Royal Mail classes overtime as voluntary which they believe doesn't automatically entitle workers to an average payout of overtime when on leave. As far as I know, the CWU are raising this issue with RM, and cases are still progressing.

Watch this space, or make a claim through an Employment Tribunal are the 2 choices at the moment.

20 Jul 2018, 20:52

Update: I got the union involved and six weeks ago I was told it’s all agreed my hours are going up from 20-32 Dom even announced it. But here we are 6 weeks later and still no increase!!! Union say Royal Mail have now decided not to up my hours as we have had a couple transfer into our unit.... what a Joke

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1