ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

New culture

13 May 2018, 19:51

I’m not seeing any sigh of a new culture in my D.O. Just a stressed out DOM with no options bieng pushed to breaking point by his boss. No rep in the office, so one bieng ignored from another office. No resourcing same pigs mess.

Any one seen any change. It was a deal breaker for my yes vote.

Harry

New culture

13 May 2018, 21:18

When you've worked for royal mail as long as me 25 years. Nothing ever improves it just gets worse year upon year. The doms get it in the neck from Thier boss, they give it to the Lino's and eventually we get it. Change , they only ever make it worse. I've seen so many crackpot ideas over the years . Basically this job is putting letters through letter boxes. It ain't rocket science!!

New culture

13 May 2018, 22:26

I don’t see any change in our office only interested in getting mail out no interest in the staff whatsoever, I knew it wouldn’t happen hence my no vote In ballot

New culture

15 May 2018, 00:37

New culture = old culture

New culture

15 May 2018, 07:24

I`ve noticed we are not being allowed to wash the vans thru local car wash anymore, is that an improvement :Very Happy

New culture

15 May 2018, 07:43

hothothot wrote:When you've worked for royal mail as long as me 25 years. Nothing ever improves it just gets worse year upon year. The doms get it in the neck from Thier boss, they give it to the Lino's and eventually we get it. Change , they only ever make it worse. I've seen so many crackpot ideas over the years . Basically this job is putting letters through letter boxes. It ain't rocket science!!

Ha well said that man,yes after 36 years I echo your thoughts

New culture

15 May 2018, 17:10

The new culture is that more people than ever are going on long term sick because we are being over worked Knees,backs, stress etc Far too much lapsing not enough people to cover the duties so we get more lapsing and it leads to more people on the sick its never going to end that's the new culture

New culture

15 May 2018, 17:43

Being sick is not a culture it's just unfortunate , it's just part of life. When you've worked in RM for 30 odd years your bound to have , bad feet , ankles , knees , hips , back, shoulders etc. This job long term will f..k up your body. There used to be a sick culture many years ago but not now. When you are off the Dom doesn't leave you alone requesting face to face meetings and always having to phone him. Basically a tactic of pressuring you back to work when your sick. I'm off at the moment with a slipped disc and I can tell you it ain't no fun.

New culture

15 May 2018, 18:02

Surely these stressed out managers are in a union ? What are they doing about it ?

New culture

15 May 2018, 18:48

The words 'new culture' are just more buzzwords from the company, just like 'work-life balance' and 'world class mail'?

Sure the company wants change and lots of it. It wants later start times, bigger duties and a part-time workforce and whether its going to be a smooth, downhill ride or a ride uphill with a flat tire and a ton of wasted effort depends entirely on its approach.

New culture

15 May 2018, 19:26

Solution is simple.

Set all walks to be easy. By easy, I want your average postie to make an hour a day. Yep, that’s right, making time is now a legit thing.

Increased last mile labour costs by, say 30%. Decreased sick, both through work related knackered bodies and by those simply pissed off, decreased time spent on bullying and harassment/grievance claims and procedures, decreased over-the-odds overtime deals to clear cut offs, decreased number of managers required just for fire fighting on the floor, decreased customer complaints costs (more posties smiling, more wiggle room for customer, quality over quantity), first class service image increase, better first time delivery stat thrown about.

Yeah might be crazy, I just wonder though whether the books in this parallel universe would balance better than most would think..

New culture

15 May 2018, 19:44

What management wants everyday is a clear office. If the office is clear they couldn't give a fig want time people finish. But how often can this be achieved what with holidays maxed out in the summer period , and any sick absences. A very rare occance I think !

New culture

15 May 2018, 22:36

LaggyBand wrote:Solution is simple.

Set all walks to be easy. By easy, I want your average postie to make an hour a day. Yep, that’s right, making time is now a legit thing.

Increased last mile labour costs by, say 30%. Decreased sick, both through work related knackered bodies and by those simply pissed off, decreased time spent on bullying and harassment/grievance claims and procedures, decreased over-the-odds overtime deals to clear cut offs, decreased number of managers required just for fire fighting on the floor, decreased customer complaints costs (more posties smiling, more wiggle room for customer, quality over quantity), first class service image increase, better first time delivery stat thrown about.

Yeah might be crazy, I just wonder though whether the books in this parallel universe would balance better than most would think..

Well said :Applause :pray

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1