not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Bullying and harassment / wanting transfer

25 Aug 2019, 11:01

Sir Henry wrote:Are you a union member? I'm sure a word in the right ear might make the f***ers think twice. A direct approach to the Area Rep would probably yield a quicker result.

I'm only a casual so I don't think so & would have no idea who the area rep would be. I did text the 'Workshop Manager` but got no reply. Mind you this was the number she gave everyone at Xmas so might have changed since then...who knows.

26 Aug 2019, 12:12

It's really sad how a lot of the bullying is by fellow colleagues not even managers as most folk say it is. The passive silence treatment bullying is what gets me. It wears you down and makes working together nigh on impossible at the DO or Mail Centres. Things will only change when they retire or get fired!

26 Aug 2019, 13:47

Spielberg wrote:
Sir Henry wrote:Are you a union member? I'm sure a word in the right ear might make the f***ers think twice. A direct approach to the Area Rep would probably yield a quicker result.

I'm only a casual so I don't think so & would have no idea who the area rep would be. I did text the 'Workshop Manager` but got no reply. Mind you this was the number she gave everyone at Xmas so might have changed since then...who knows.

Have a quiet word with someone you know or trust enough to get in touch with your area rep and let rip.

https://www.cwu.org/contact-us/
That link should help find your branch and the area rep who covers your area. If the office rep isn't being helpful you can go above his head, any trade unionist worth their salt shouldnt turn their back on someone in need of their help if they're a member of the union or not.

30 Aug 2019, 10:04

Sir Henry wrote:
Spielberg wrote:

Have a quiet word with someone you know or trust enough to get in touch with your area rep and let rip.

https://www.cwu.org/contact-us/
That link should help find your branch and the area rep who covers your area. If the office rep isn't being helpful you can go above his head, any trade unionist worth their salt shouldnt turn their back on someone in need of their help if they're a member of the union or not.

Thanks, I will. Appreciate your help

17 Oct 2019, 14:56

So I finally plucked up the courage to say something to my line manager, after I finally had enough. Wasn't sure if it would do any good as with me being a casual & the culprit/s being actual staff & friendly with the manager. The manager on my shift also being one that laughs when I'm getting harassed. I asked him for the H1 form & he said he had no clue what that was. I said it was the B&H form, he kind of smirked & quizzed me about it. I told him the main culprits name & when pressed, standing near the workers, said I would prefer to write it down on the form. I said he should talk to the main culprit (they're friends after all) and ask him what is happening. He said I was making the complaint so he can't ask him. Anyway, I didn't get my form & walked off with a casual 'I'll look into it'. As I walked off another manager approached that one & they both started laughing & the main culprit continued to harass me the rest of the shift. I could handle it if it was just a little bit then I was left alone but it's on and off through the whole shift, that's 6-8 hours of uncomfortable torture when you just wanna show up, do your work & collect your money. Needless to say I don't expect the manager to do anything or take it further. I have tried clicking on the website to download the H1 form but the website is continually down. Any ideas how I can get it?

18 Oct 2019, 01:45

Spielberg wrote:So I finally plucked up the courage to say something to my line manager, after I finally had enough. Wasn't sure if it would do any good as with me being a casual & the culprit/s being actual staff & friendly with the manager. The manager on my shift also being one that laughs when I'm getting harassed. I asked him for the H1 form & he said he had no clue what that was. I said it was the B&H form, he kind of smirked & quizzed me about it. I told him the main culprits name & when pressed, standing near the workers, said I would prefer to write it down on the form. I said he should talk to the main culprit (they're friends after all) and ask him what is happening. He said I was making the complaint so he can't ask him. Anyway, I didn't get my form & walked off with a casual 'I'll look into it'. As I walked off another manager approached that one & they both started laughing & the main culprit continued to harass me the rest of the shift. I could handle it if it was just a little bit then I was left alone but it's on and off through the whole shift, that's 6-8 hours of uncomfortable torture when you just wanna show up, do your work & collect your money. Needless to say I don't expect the manager to do anything or take it further. I have tried clicking on the website to download the H1 form but the website is continually down. Any ideas how I can get it?

Bullying & Harassment Helpline
0800 200 3300

Keep a diary of everything that happens including asking management for grievance forms.

18 Oct 2019, 16:52

Route1 wrote:
Spielberg wrote:So I finally plucked up the courage to say something to my line manager, after I finally had enough. Wasn't sure if it would do any good as with me being a casual & the culprit/s being actual staff & friendly with the manager. The manager on my shift also being one that laughs when I'm getting harassed. I asked him for the H1 form & he said he had no clue what that was. I said it was the B&H form, he kind of smirked & quizzed me about it. I told him the main culprits name & when pressed, standing near the workers, said I would prefer to write it down on the form. I said he should talk to the main culprit (they're friends after all) and ask him what is happening. He said I was making the complaint so he can't ask him. Anyway, I didn't get my form & walked off with a casual 'I'll look into it'. As I walked off another manager approached that one & they both started laughing & the main culprit continued to harass me the rest of the shift. I could handle it if it was just a little bit then I was left alone but it's on and off through the whole shift, that's 6-8 hours of uncomfortable torture when you just wanna show up, do your work & collect your money. Needless to say I don't expect the manager to do anything or take it further. I have tried clicking on the website to download the H1 form but the website is continually down. Any ideas how I can get it?

0800 200 3300

Keep a diary of everything that happens including asking management for grievance forms.

Thanks. I'll do that. I believe, as the website for the form is down & the line manager won't give me one that I have to write to Sheffield to request one. Being just a casual I don't expect much help in the matter. I assume I'll just not get picked for shifts at all I suppose, as opposed to few a do get. I'm torn between just finding somewhere else to work entirely or continue working there & fighting for the principle of the matter. I mean it's not just the main culprit either, alot of the cliquey ladies on my set up area all laugh too when he makes fun of me so it's a highly stressful shift either way.

09 Nov 2019, 09:10

Spielberg wrote:
Route1 wrote:

0800 200 3300

Thanks. I'll do that. I believe, as the website for the form is down & the line manager won't give me one that I have to write to Sheffield to request one. Being just a casual I don't expect much help in the matter. I assume I'll just not get picked for shifts at all I suppose, as opposed to few a do get. I'm torn between just finding somewhere else to work entirely or continue working there & fighting for the principle of the matter. I mean it's not just the main culprit either, alot of the cliquey ladies on my set up area all laugh too when he makes fun of me so it's a highly stressful shift either way.

What I'd do is change out of my RM uniform at the end of the shift, wait OUTSIDE RM premises for the bully, and then give the c*** a good pasting. If anything is said, deny all accusations.

09 Nov 2019, 19:58

Trail wrote:
Spielberg wrote:
Route1 wrote:

0800 200 3300

What I'd do is change out of my RM uniform at the end of the shift, wait OUTSIDE RM premises for the bully, and then give the c*** a good pasting. If anything is said, deny all accusations.

That would wipe the smirk off their faces.

Absolutely no need for any form of bullying......and I'd be giving the manager a kicking a well.....good for nothing twat.

17 Nov 2019, 11:43

Spielberg wrote:
How did you get on? Did you get your transfer? I too am currently suffering from harassment & bullying at my depot. It's awful, I`m with you on that one. I'm only a casual worker & the ones that are affecting my work day & mood are actual RM staff. One picks on me all shift & another laughs about it & I overheard him laughing with 2 line managers & other staff about me. Makes it extremely uncomfortable for me when even the people I need to report it to are in on it. It`s affecting me so badly that I was tearing up towards the end of the last shift & again as I type about it. I may be entertainment for them but all Iwant to do is show up, do my work, go home, get paid without feeling embarassed & uncomfortable.

In situating line this, you MUST keep a diary of events, simple entries with time and date and names. A brief detail of what happened and who you reported it to, and when. This document will be very useful in future hearings.

17 Nov 2019, 12:43

I was being bullied because I have autism, was moved to another depot, better but the bullying is still there.

28 Nov 2019, 14:49

smartecosse wrote:
Trail wrote:
Spielberg wrote:
Route1 wrote:

0800 200 3300

That would wipe the smirk off their faces.

Absolutely no need for any form of bullying......and I'd be giving the manager a kicking a well.....good for nothing twat.

Haha, I'd love to do that, believe me but he's a tall bloke & I'm a girl. I'd stand no chance lol

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2