not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE


Morning Break.

15 Apr 2018, 22:03

Is there a specific time to take your break on a morning? I decided to go for my 20 mins after about 30 mins of starting as I didn't feel too good. Manager going ape as his prep plan was 'affected'.

I told him I would carry on doing what I was supposed to do when I came back and it wouldn't make any difference as everyone else varies when they go.

I sent him over the edge when I suggested that technically, I could take the 20 minute break as soon as i came in. He wasn't having it though!

Morning Break.

16 Apr 2018, 05:35

Your employer can tell you when to take your break.
As we have collective bargaining the timing of the break should be agreed between management and the union.
Technically you could take your break as soon as you walk in as long as your working day is under 6 hours. otherwise the meal relief cannot be scheduled at the start or end of the duty.

Morning Break.

16 Apr 2018, 14:25

clashcityrocker wrote:Your employer can tell you when to take your break.
Technically you could take your break as soon as you walk in as long as your working day is under 6 hours. otherwise the meal relief cannot be scheduled at the start or end of the duty.

So,If your a FT on over 6 hours a day can they still tell you when to take your break?

Morning Break.

16 Apr 2018, 14:50

thecompletepackage wrote:Is there a specific time to take your break on a morning? I decided to go for my 20 mins after about 30 mins of starting as I didn't feel too good. Manager going ape as his prep plan was 'affected'.

I told him I would carry on doing what I was supposed to do when I came back and it wouldn't make any difference as everyone else varies when they go.

I sent him over the edge when I suggested that technically, I could take the 20 minute break as soon as i came in. He wasn't having it though!

So, if I am readin* this right. You drift off for a break while others are still prepping mail ?
If so, little wonder the manager is going ape s**t and if I were on prep still working and you were supposed to be on prep I would go ape s**t too. For example, you return from your - what appears to be an earlier break than others - , to go possibly directly onto your frame prep with your work done by others, prepped up mail and out the door before them.
Even although they still have that break time to come, the break would probably be scheduled for completion of all prep work. RM can instruct you when to have your break by the way!, 20 mins anyway, with you taking the remainder later, not near the start like you describe as you are under the weather. If unfit to continue work, inform the manager and go home sick would be my advice.

Morning Break.

16 Apr 2018, 16:32

Bahia Feliz wrote:So,If your a FT on over 6 hours a day can they still tell you when to take your break?

The employer can always tell the employee when to take their break. It should be mutually agreed between management and union.

Morning Break.

16 Apr 2018, 18:27

clashcityrocker wrote:
Bahia Feliz wrote:So,If your a FT on over 6 hours a day can they still tell you when to take your break?

The employer can always tell the employee when to take their break. It should be mutually agreed between management and union.



Correct

Morning Break.

16 Apr 2018, 18:54

tommyrep wrote:
thecompletepackage wrote:Is there a specific time to take your break on a morning? I decided to go for my 20 mins after about 30 mins of starting as I didn't feel too good. Manager going ape as his prep plan was 'affected'.

I told him I would carry on doing what I was supposed to do when I came back and it wouldn't make any difference as everyone else varies when they go.

I sent him over the edge when I suggested that technically, I could take the 20 minute break as soon as i came in. He wasn't having it though!

So, if I am readin* this right. You drift off for a break while others are still prepping mail ?
If so, little wonder the manager is going ape s**t and if I were on prep still working and you were supposed to be on prep I would go ape s**t too. For example, you return from your - what appears to be an earlier break than others - , to go possibly directly onto your frame prep with your work done by others, prepped up mail and out the door before them.
Even although they still have that break time to come, the break would probably be scheduled for completion of all prep work. RM can instruct you when to have your break by the way!, 20 mins anyway, with you taking the remainder later, not near the start like you describe as you are under the weather. If unfit to continue work, inform the manager and go home sick would be my advice.


BUT i did tell him I was going for a break because I was feeling iffy. And yes it was still early enough when I got back to carry on the IPS that others had left!!! When I 'drifted' off others were still prepping their own frames. The runners were long gone before me mate.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1