not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Sue Whalley

13 Apr 2018, 12:37

‘I think many of our people enjoy coming to work but we also know that there are some places where we still have work to do’. ‘We need to try and understand why morale is not so strong in some offices. We then have to support the manager and the rep in working together to address the issues at the local level.

‘What we do know is that when managers and reps work together they may not agree on everything all the time but actually, if they're working together and having the right conversations, then that's a big step forward.’

RULES wrote:It is fair to say that those in the 'top jobs' come in for a lot of criticism on this forum, please post constructive criticism and nothing else. Any libellous or slanderous posts will be deleted or amended, in no way should these personalities have any abuse aimed at them, period.

Sue.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sue Whalley

13 Apr 2018, 14:12

as an ex-rep, I always asked managers, " are you aware of how hard our posties work, in order to get the job done"??? they never had a clue, it must go double for the bosses at the top, who have never done the job, then we get the walks done on the computer and hey-hoe it works!!! that's where the problem lies and we as posties have to take our fair share of the blame for running around, making the job look easy, when it's not!!!

Sue Whalley

13 Apr 2018, 15:27

POSTMAN wrote:‘I think many of our people enjoy coming to work but we also know that there are some places where we still have work to do’. ‘We need to try and understand why morale is not so strong in some offices. We then have to support the manager and the rep in working together to address the issues at the local level.

‘What we do know is that when managers and reps work together they may not agree on everything all the time but actually, if they're working together and having the right conversations, then that's a big step forward.’

RULES wrote:It is fair to say that those in the 'top jobs' come in for a lot of criticism on this forum, please post constructive criticism and nothing else. Any libellous or slanderous posts will be deleted or amended, in no way should these personalities have any abuse aimed at them, period.

Sue.PNG

I have nothing to say then :silenced

Sue Whalley

13 Apr 2018, 16:15

How far down the levels of management do you have to go from the top until you reach a level where the managers have worked their way up the ranks?

Sue Whalley

13 Apr 2018, 16:22

On rmtv in work time learning nothing, Whalley by name, Wally by nature, said two things drivels apart.
Don't think of it as working harder. Think of it as working smarter.

I have quit the CWU.

This agreement is just one piss take too far.

Sue Whalley

13 Apr 2018, 18:33

Address the bullying, which the CWU HAVE totally ignored.

Sue Whalley

13 Apr 2018, 18:37

wookie wrote:Address the bullying, which the CWU HAVE totally ignored.

Quite right, well said. It is disgusting how we are spoken to.

Sue Whalley

13 Apr 2018, 19:00

Fake nothing will change

Sue Whalley

13 Apr 2018, 20:01

exetererica wrote:
wookie wrote:Address the bullying, which the CWU HAVE totally ignored.

Quite right, well said. It is disgusting how we are spoken to.

Exactly.One of the reasons,well in fact the main reason why I left,and I bet I wasnt the first and certainly wont be the last. :no no

Sue Whalley

13 Apr 2018, 20:37

What I would like to know is, where are these offices where morale is strong? I've worked in one or two offices in my time and I hear the same grievances and grumbles everywhere, yet all we keep,getting told is ,"mail is down,mail is down" , repeat ad nauseum.
Are they trying to make it a self fulfilling prophecy or something, because the evidence I've seen is that mail volumes aren't down, despite what the official figures say.
Last edited by rubberbond on 15 Apr 2018, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.

Sue Whalley

13 Apr 2018, 22:17

Oh dear !
It must be very very bad and getting rapidly worse if they publicly admit that they f****d up industrial relations and it's getting worse. Unprecedented

Sue Whalley

14 Apr 2018, 11:23

pressure being put on managers and therefore onto us to clear unrealistic work levels, an expectance to do mandatory overtime when volumes are high, no plan for getting extra staff or managing staff properly on such days where a postie can take out whats manageable and not have to worry about how the rest of the mail on that duty gets delivered. The job has been trimmed to the bone so much that these fluctuations in mail volumes are having a much larger impact than when there was more flexibility in the working hours. This leads to bullying and deliveries failing on a daily basis, and because theres no system in place to manage excess mail on a given day then the next day its usually still undelivered and a vicious cycle begins as that work is now reprepped given the postie even less time to prep in that days mail and managers constantly wanting them to go over their time to clear it. This stuff is happening on a weekly basis.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1