not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Lino Level of Authority.

13 Mar 2018, 18:14

I'm a OPG and currently suspended for an alleged Bulling and Harassment, to a Colleague, this was all lies and made up. I feel I have been framed, by a group of Colleagues. Today I have received a letter from my Line manager, saying after our meeting, "The potential Penalty is beyond my Level of Authority", so it has been passed up to the DOM.

My question is what is the Line managers level of authority? Can a Line manager Transfer me to another office? Can a Line manager sack me? Has anyone had a similar experience? What can a Dom do that a line manager cant?

Is it :wave

Lino Level of Authority.

13 Mar 2018, 19:35

Stewface wrote:I'm a OPG and currently suspended for an alleged Bulling and Harassment, to a Colleague, this was all lies and made up. I feel I have been framed, by a group of Colleagues. Today I have received a letter from my Line manager, saying after our meeting, "The potential Penalty is beyond my Level of Authority", so it has been passed up to the DOM.

My question is what is the Line managers level of authority? Can a Line manager Transfer me to another office? Can a Line manager sack me? Has anyone had a similar experience? What can a Dom do that a line manager cant?

Is it :wave

Line manager authority to give warnings and serious warnings up to 2 years and precautionary suspend.
Major penalties over the above incl. dismissal a manager of at least grade2 level.
Transfer to another office would be above line manger's authority but my opinion if the complaint of B&H against you is upheld then it would be most unusual to transfer the problem to another office but it would depend on the circumstances of the case.
A line manger does not hold the authority to dismiss.
If the B&H complaint has not been given in good faith then conduct action could be brought against the complainer.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1