not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Get this for a laugh

13 Mar 2018, 14:26

DOM told me today ‘new starts’ get rotating day & kept on same duty so as they don’t get fed up & leave. Essential saying a new start has more entitlement to a rotating day & a Saturday off than me who has 9 years service. This s**t just gets better as the years go on. :arrrghhh

Get this for a laugh

13 Mar 2018, 14:31

If a walk is vacant then seniority still applies. If you are want it apply for it.

Get this for a laugh

13 Mar 2018, 16:37

Warriorpostie wrote:DOM told me today ‘new starts’ & kept on same duty so as they don’t get fed up & leave.

That's been the policy for a number of years to be fair. (Staying on same duty for a while.)

At our office we have a mixture of fixed and rotating days off, they get what the duty is down to have.

Get this for a laugh

13 Mar 2018, 20:07

Our new starts get 12 weeks on the same walk, its fair enough it gives them a chance to get used to the job before they get moved around.

Get this for a laugh

13 Mar 2018, 21:41

When I started I was on the same walk for 3 months, think I was one of the last in our office to be so lucky. I see new starters getting moved about from office to office now, let alone different walks

Get this for a laugh

14 Mar 2018, 11:02

Did the union ever agree to that? Hardly fair to keep the person who has signed for that run out of it just to keep new starts happy! Royal Mail should think about treating its long serving members of staff better.

Get this for a laugh

14 Mar 2018, 14:04

Yes, the Union did agree on the stability on a duty for new starters.

But what your unit is doing wrong is that a specific duty is usually designated as a training duty usually agreed between the rep and management.

When it's not being used as a training duty then a reserve is put on it, or its lapsed.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1