ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Part timer working full time for 12 months

11 Mar 2018, 01:47

I know this thread has probably been done to death n I'm not being selfish n demanding my contract be made up as I know it goes to the office n not to me but surely for someone has been doing 50 hours plus every week for well I'm saying 12 months but it's probably longer, surely something should be put in the office. We have had 6 new staff n there's still ot left right n centre. I'm getting nothing from rep n manager. Any ideas surely even someone senior to me should get more hours , wether they deserve it or not that's the game we play but surely something should be done, any advice

11 Mar 2018, 09:21

You’re right there’s loads I think one should get stickyed to the top of the forum!

Your union rep needs to pressure them into making more full time jobs if they don’t then they should go to a disagreement.

I found the best way when your rep is useless to get most of all the part timers to only work contract hours on a Wednesday and also more days if needed but chances are Your Dom will be forced to advertise full time duties within a week or two.

Overtime is not compulsory. Whatever they say about wanting you to be flixeble etc ignore them it’s classic bullying tactics.
Just inform them you’re not going over your contract hours and though luck. If you have a slippery DOM then I’d insist on them writing it in the diary that you contrast the amount of mail you’re being told to take out that way you’re protected and they have to do it.

11 Mar 2018, 11:12

WallaceCat wrote:I know this thread has probably been done to death n I'm not being selfish n demanding my contract be made up as I know it goes to the office n not to me but surely for someone has been doing 50 hours plus every week for well I'm saying 12 months but it's probably longer, surely something should be put in the office. We have had 6 new staff n there's still ot left right n centre. I'm getting nothing from rep n manager. Any ideas surely even someone senior to me should get more hours , wether they deserve it or not that's the game we play but surely something should be done, any advice

I suggest you read the pre- ballot negotiators settlement.

Section 8. Resourcing in line with current agreements. In respect of part-time workers the following will apply with IMMEDIATE effect.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1